Licensed Aircraft EngineerGatwick, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
With more than a century of experience, Boeing’s knowledge in bringing innovative service solutions to commercial, defence and space customers has united to form Boeing Global Services. With a focus on innovative services in engineering, digital aviation and analytics as well as supply chain logistics and training support, Boeing will deliver agile, cost-competitive solutions, regardless of the original equipment manufacturer, so customers can reduce costs, drive efficiency and optimize operations. We’re here, around the clock, around the world, and always ready.
Boeing Ireland Ltd are a Dublin based EASA 145 approved organization with approval to provide Line Maintenance services on Boeing 737 NG/Max and 787 aircraft at London Gatwick. Due to the continued expansion we are looking for some highly experienced Licenced Maintenance Engineers to join our organisation. Prospective candidates are required to hold a current EASA Part-66 Engineering Licence with category B1 and/or B2 on Boeing 737NG,737 MAX or 787 and must be able to demonstrate at least 6 months recent experience on one of these types.
The positions are based in London Gatwick on a 4on / 5off / 5on / 4off / 5on / 5off alternating days and night shift.
The roles will report to the LGW Hangar Manager.
The job responsibilities include:
• Perform line maintenance on customer aircraft
• Ensure compliance with all procedures associated with the line maintenance of the customer’s aircraft.
• Advise senior management of all reportable incidents and report same in the Boeing system
• Report any technical issues, aircraft delays, or other issues to the Boeing Technical Operation Centre.
• Ensure all planned aircraft work is carried out as scheduled and liaise with the Boeing Technical Operations Centre and Maintenance Planning to optimize aircraft downtime.
• Ensure all aircraft paperwork, technical logs, and work packs are completed accurately and within prescribed timescales.
• Support the Boeing Part-145 MRO management Leadership Team through completing tasks as assigned; specifically with regard to the quality and on-time delivery of services
• Carry out Ad Hoc tasks as requested by Leadership Team such as setting up new stations etc.
• Maintain and manage line maintenance tooling, material and component stores, including customer furnished equipment
• Candidates must be prepared to work shift. Shifts are typically 12 hours but will vary as required in order to support the business needs.
• Occasionally you may be required to support the Boeing Maintenance Operations Control Center or act as a Technical Rep on behalf of Boeing Global Fleet Care.
• Hold an EASA Part-66 B1/B2 licence and have the ability to demonstrate at least 6 months recent experience on Boeing 737NG, 737Max or 787.
• Have experience of working in a fast paced line maintenance environment.
• Be able to work unsupervised but also be a team player who will grasp opportunities to exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
• Proven knowledge and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to learn in house systems.
• Previous experience of using the AMOS system.
• Have prior experience of accessing on-line Boeing documents through myboeingfleet.com.
• Must be willing to work varying shifts and spend extended periods away from home.
• Previous experience on wide body and/or ETOPS aircraft is an advantage.
• Have held boroscope approval and be able to demonstrate recent experience.
• Candidates must have the right to live and work in United Kingdom and Ireland.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More