AvionX Experienced Software EngineerGdańsk, Pomerania
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Poland (Jeppesen, A Boeing Company) as an experienced Boeing AvionX Software Engineer based in Gdansk, Poland.
As an AvionX Software Engineer the job holder will join the AvionX Poland team consisting of highly skilled, high performing engineering team members supporting multiple product lines across Boeing AvionX.
- Utilizing modern computer programming techniques, tools, languages and agile software development methodologies to build software for delivered Boeing systems
- Performing engineering activities including architecture, requirements, development, integration and testing
- Proactively contributing to project execution plan to set and effectively achieve operational goals
- Project estimation and planning
- Influencing, innovating and continuously improving the software engineering process as well as quality, safety and reliability of products and services provided by Boeing
- Collaborating proactively with customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports to understand operational and performance expectations
- Cultivating a positive staff culture, team motivation
Employer will not attempt to obtain immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
The ideal candidate would have prior engineering experience, preferably across multiple technologies, proactive approach, and the ability to optimize situations within the team to allow for successful technical execution.
- English proficiency
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Willingness to learn and work with new technologies
- Demonstrated design and system thinking skills
- Proficiency in Java and at least one other high-level modern programming language
- Experience in developing web services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience in virtualization techniques (VirtualBox, QEMU, Vagrant, etc.)
- Experience in embedded programming (Yocto Project, VxWorks, Deos, FreeRTOS, etc.)
- Experience in software development for avionics systems or complex electronics products
- Experience in collaborating in international and multi-national projects
- Interest in Model-Based Systems Engineering
- Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in POLAND. Candidates must have current legal authorization to live and work in Poland. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.