Software Engineer (C++)Gdansk, Pomerania
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Jeppesen, A Boeing Company is looking for a Software Engineer (C++) based in Gdańsk Poland.
The position will be located in Gdansk, in Poland Office. However, due to the current COVID-19 situation, the work is done mainly remotely or in hybrid mode.
We are looking for open-minded and effective in resolving problems and roadblocks person who will also efficiently collaborate with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations. As a Software Engineer you will be working in agile team developing existing, multi-platform library based on C++98. You will be also integration this library with iOS and UWP applications.
- Estimate user stories/features (story point estimation) and tasks in hours with the required level of accuracy and commit
- Contributes to the refinement meetings by promptly asking relevant questions to ensure requirements achieve the right
- level readiness
- Works with the Product Owner to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality
- Raise any impediments/risks (technical/operational/personal) they come across and approaches Scrum Master/Technical
- Architect/Product Owner accordingly to arrive at a solution
- Update the status and the remaining efforts for their tasks on a daily basis
- Ensures change requests are treated correctly and tracked in the system, impact analysis done and risks/timelines are
- appropriately communicated
- Develops working software towards committed objectives and plans
- Delivers working software in accordance with expected quality standards
- Designs for testability: design and evolve the system to support testability and test automation
- Works on prototyping and evaluates technical feasibility
- Supporting CI/CD processes
- Very good knowledge and experience with C++ programming (standard C++98)
- Experience in implementing unit tests and UI tests
- Knowledge of Google Test framework
- Agile methodologies
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of C++/CLI (UWP)
- Knowledge of Objective-C and Swift for iOS development
- Experience with Azure DevOps
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Join us if you want to:
- Work in flexible hours.
- Enjoy additional days off for Christmas break.
- Get good care of your body (active teams) and soul (CSR activities) and well-being (rich benefit package).
- Access our Medical Care, life insurance package and Employee Pension Plan.
- Work in great atmosphere and collaborate in comfortable working environment.
- Be a part of international team where we support and respect each other.
- Develop your professional skills with our virtual learning tools and platforms.
- Broaden your experience in projects with aviation experts’ network.
Learn more about the Company by following the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRhrQ9f2XuI
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in POLAND. Candidates must have current legal authorization to live and work in Poland. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award