Cyber-Security Systems Engineer
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Cyber-Security Systems Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Digital Receiver Technology, Inc. (DRT), located in Germantown, MD and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is looking for a motivated Cyber Security Systems Engineer (Level 4) to join its Systems Engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving and evolving the information assurance (IA) posture of DRT products. This is a first shift position.
- Perform security analysis of operational and development environments, threats, vulnerabilities and internal interfaces to define and assess compliance with accepted industry and government standards.
- Lead and implement the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes under the Risk Managed Framework (RMF) for new and existing products.
- Oversee configuration management of various products to ensure security posture integrity.
- Conduct risk assessments and investigations, execute appropriate risk mitigations, and oversee incident response activities.
- Conduct periodic hardware/software inventory assessments.
- Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs. Act as advisor to management and customers on cyber security issues.
- Interface with customers, suppliers and company personnel to implement protective mechanisms and to ensure understanding of and compliance with cyber security requirements.
- Oversee the development and deployment of information assurance directives necessary for products to meet program and enterprise requirements, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Manage assigned team to facilitate effective execution of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Manages and performs security compliance continuous monitoring.
- Oversees and participates in security assessments and audits.
- Prepares, reviews, and presents technical reports and briefings.
- Identify root causes, prioritize threats and recommend and/or implement corrective action for cyber security related issues.
- Lead development of company-wide information security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures that may reach across multiple product lines.
- Support development efforts throughout the entire product lifecycle.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret/SCI clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Qualifications):
- Experience with cyber security policies and industry best practices (e.g. NIST SP 800 series, DISA STIG).
- Experience with analysis & mitigation tools, such as Nessus, SCAP and Wireshark.
- Ability to work independently as well as with various engineering discipline leads.
- Ability to lead and task other cyber security/information assurance personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to obtain one active DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification (CISSP, GSLC or CISM ) for an IAM Level III role within 6 months of the start of employment.
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance once employed.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of Linux OS administration (Red Hat preferred), including: SELinux, package management, user/group management and iptables configuration.
- Knowledge of Windows OS administration, including: Active Directory, Group Policy, user management, firewall and registry settings.
- Knowledge of enterprise and non-enterprise networking environments, including networking protocols.
- Experience with virtualized or containerized environments (e.g. VMWare, VirtualBox, Docker).
- Knowledge of software defined radios (SDR).
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.