Design & Analysis EngineerGermantown, Maryland
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Design & Analysis Engineer to join the Autonomous Systems Engineering team. This Level 2 position will be located in Germantown, MD.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Performing communication systems engineering and signal processing development that add new capabilities to Boeing's Electronic and Information Solutions (E&IS) subsidiary Digital Receiver Technology's (DRT) software-defined radio
- Work with hardware and software personnel to determine the best functional divisions and mapping to DRT radio components
- Identify and mitigate risk factors
- Implement signal processing algorithms using digital signal processors (DSP) and field-programmable gate arrays (FPGA)
- Validate the solutions to ensure these implementations meet operational and functional requirements
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher
- Experience with high speed digital interfaces
- Experience with digital signals processing for communications and/or sensing applications
- MATLAB experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Experience with Xilinx, Altera or other FPGA VHDL
- Experience coding in Verilog and / or VHDL
- Experience coding in C / C++
- Experience coding in Python
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position will be located in Germantown, MD and does not offer relocation assistance. This is not a negotiable benefit. Applicants must reside in the area or be willing to relocate for the opportunity.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More