Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer (Electronic Packaging Design)Germantown, Maryland
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Digital Receiver Technology, Inc. (DRT), a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is seeking an Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer (Level 3) in Germantown, MD. DRT designs, manufactures, and markets DSP-based Software-Defined Radios (SDR) globally. Specific areas of expertise include DSP-based receiver design, communication systems theory, cellular/PCS/wireless communications, software, electronic packaging, digital and RF hardware design.
- Conceptualize and design electro-mechanical packaging to survive in tactical environments, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other engineering disciplines, production, planning, BD, and vendors to build and support existing products.
- Able to work under general direction.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (Post Start)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Qualifications):
- Ability to conceptualize and design parts using a variety of fabrication processes.
- Experience in design reviews, performing thermal and tolerance analysis, component selection, prototyping new designs, and verifying requirements have been met thru testing.
- Ability to create models in CAD and create accurate and concise fabrication and assembly documentation that follow industry standards. Designs must be optimized for cost and ease of manufacturing.
- 5+ years experience using 3D modeling tools
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with multiple fabrication processes, thermal analysis, connector selection, cable design, graphics design, and rendering in CAD.
- Experience with Solidworks or Creo.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More