Senior Digital Hardware EngineerGermantown, Maryland
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Senior Digital Hardware Electrical Engineer to join the Autonomous Systems Engineering team. This Level 4 position is located in Germantown, MD.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Design, simulation, and characterization of digital circuitry utilizing the latest-generation microprocessors, DSPs, EPLDs and FPGAs
- Provide technical leadership in the development of high-speed digital designs
- Participate in all aspects of board design, from concept to low level design to board release
- Working with small teams made up of diverse engineering disciplines
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- High Speed Digital board design skills including Architecture, Schematic, Layout, Simulation and DVT skills
- Experience with new advanced FPGA and DSP processors
- Advanced Simulation and board design techniques
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Integration with various levels of firmware and software desired
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering highly preferred
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is based in Germantown, MD and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in the area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More