Senior DSP - FPGA EngineerGermantown, Maryland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing's Electronic and Information Solutions (E&IS) subsidiary, Digital Receiver Technology (DRT), is seeking a Senior DSP/FPGA Engineer to join their team in Germantown, MD. In this role, you will work with a skilled team in the design and implementation of real-time software and gateware for digital communications and signal processing systems.
- Implements communication system functions and signal processing algorithms that add capabilities to Digital Receiver Technology's (DRT) software-defined radio systems.
- Codes, simulates, and tests solutions on field-programmable gate arrays (FPGA) and digital signal processors (DSP).
- Leads work with stakeholders and customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, gateware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded gateware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Makes recommendations for technology investments.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship (post start)
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 14 or more years of experience in an engineering role (or Master's +12 / PhD +9)
- Experience with design and implementation of real-time software / gateware / firmware for digital communications and / or signal processing algorithms
- Professional work experience with Verilog and / or VHDL
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Knowledge of digital signal processing / digital communications algorithms and techniques (turbo / Viterbi coding / decoding, channel estimation, equalization, filter design, sampling theory, etc.)
- Experience with high speed digital interfaces
- Experience in Xilinx and / or Altera design
- Experience coding in MATLAB
- Experience coding in C / C++
- Experience coding in Python
Typical Education / Experience:
Typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.