Senior Software Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Software Engineer
Boeing's Electronic and Information Solutions (E&IS) subsidiary Digital Receiver Technology (DRT) is seeking a Software engineer to join their team in Germantown, MD.
In this role, you will demonstrate the ability to develop software applications and support Embedded Linux bring-up on custom DRT hardware.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to provide end user solutions
- Design, Development, test, document, and maintain the next generation Software Defined Radios and Electronic Systems
- Lead in the architecture, development and integration of software components into fully functional software systems
- Knowledge of Linux development procedures, processes, and tools
- Knowledge of Embedded operating system bring up procedures, processes, and tools
- Support Business Development, Project Management and DRT Customer Base
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Experience bringing up and supporting Embedded Linux OS on custom hardware using Yocto and/or PetaLinux
- Experience with developing application software in Linux using modern programming languages such as C++11 (or later), Python, or Bash
- Familiar with Object Oriented Design Methodologies
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Git and Bitbucket
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with a first stage boot loader (FSBL), Uboot, and configuring device trees
- Understanding of multi-threaded applications and systems
- WiFi, Cellular communications/protocols, and/or networking
- Experience with developing applications with socket communications
- Experience developing on an Agile team, including as ScrumMaster or Product Owner
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is not being offered and it is not a negotiable benefit.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.