Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. DRT Inc. located in Germantown, MD and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Boeing Company is seeking a mid to Senior level Systems Engineer to join the development team for a SIGINT/EW system.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Assist with the development of SIGINT/EW system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as requirements specifications, RTVM, interface control documents, systems configuration management plans, system test plans and procedures, and integrate logistics support plans.
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Requirements generation and management
- Experience in Requirements Trace Verification Matrix (RTVM)
- Experience in Systems configuration/data management plan (CDMP)
- Experience in Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Experience in System test plans and procedures
- Experience in Interface Control Document (ICD)
- Experience in Data flow management
- Experience in Integrated Logistics Maintenance and Repairs Plan (ILMRP)
- Working knowledge and understanding of tactical SIGINT systems
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- SIGINT/EW product full lifecycle experience
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, and Word
- Proficient in JIRA, SVN or GIT
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may close before end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.