Project Management Specialist (Intelligence and Security)Gloucester, England; London, England; Bristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager within their Cyber, Intelligence and Analytics team. The role will involve working directly with a National Security customer to support and influence the shape of solutions that are of national importance.
As a Boeing Cyber, Intelligence and Analytics Project Manager you will be at the leading edge of our operational work with this customer, collaborating closely with them in multi-function teams to deliver technology, process or service based solutions to problems of national importance to time, cost and quality. This role can be based at either Cheltenham or Central London.
As a successful candidate you will join an established Boeing team of like-minded peers who will support your development in your new role, to make sure you are successful and in your career with the Boeing Company, as you grow as one of our valued employees. Though very much part of the Boeing team, you will also find yourself in the position of working directly with our Government customer, at the core of an integrated programme or project team, addressing problems and opportunities of importance to the nation. Whether you are looking for rapid career growth, stability within a supportive team, or intellectual challenge, we will do our utmost to develop you and to ensure that you have the opportunity to enjoy a full career with the Boeing Company.
At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged. This is particularly relevant in the Government Services Team which encapsulates all of the advantages of being a small agile Business Unit but with the security and opportunities of working for one of the world’s largest corporations.
As a Boeing Project Manager you will be working very closely with our customer to manage the delivery of predominantly Agile projects, delivered in the Cloud, to solve complex technology, process or people problems. This will involve working directly with the operational practitioner, supported by a Boeing Engineering & Business Analysis team, to develop and define the project management plan and to play an integral role in the delivery of solutions to time, cost and quality. Though you will be expected to arrive with a basic understanding of Agile methodologies it is stressed that the Company will support you in your immediate job and will invest in developing your Agile skills.
To achieve this the ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Have some experience of Agile methodologies and work confidently in the technology space beside Business Analysts as they define the required user experiences (UX), the writing of user stories and the sketching of wireframes
- Rapidly develop skills and proficiency as a Scrum Manager in order to deliver to time, cost and quality
- Play an active role in guiding the customer, as part of a Boeing team, in the application of business process improvement and operational design
- Have the confidence to undertake stakeholder engagement alone and develop relationships with the Business Client as part of a wider Boeing team
- Manage changing user needs within a project life cycle
- Experience of working on technical projects in cyber security / national security
- Demonstrable experience of managing a schedule
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to lead and manage
- A recognized Project Management qualification
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Scrum Management, Epic and Sprint, MPV Management
- Experience in Cyber, Security & IT projects
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
Yes, this position is contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.