Project ManagerGloucester, England
The Government Services Mid-Level Project Manager operates within a Portfolio Programme environment augmenting and/or leading Call Off Contracts within a highly complex and multi organizational environments to deliver complex change initiative for Cyber, Security and Intelligence orientated SW and Business solutions for clients.
As a successful candidate you will be embedded within rainbow and stripy teams working alongside customers in dynamic and operationally focused deliveries.
Working within a complex stakeholder landscape and with often immature, developing and changing requirements, you will be expected to lead work packages and/or projects to deliver customer outputs. Your advocacy and knowledge will be vital in helping the customer achieve their business objectives
You will act as ambassador for the Boeing company at appropriate client organization levels (grade dependent) and will be responsible for generating full or elements of, business solutions in line with the Long Range Business Plan. This includes generating and delivering opportunities within the scope of Project Management.
You will be an energetic self-starter with the correct aptitude and attitude that can build enduring customer intimacy and high performing teams within an exciting and demanding sector.
You will be experienced within the delivery of small to medium size projects or work packages (Grade dependent) with a focus on Systems Engineering with a willingness to learn.
The position undertakes the following:
- Develops overall project plan consistent with project objectives as defined by the project owner and key stakeholders in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g. Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK] ANSI/PMI 99-001-2008). Works to improve project management processes and business systems that support project decision makers. May lead others and direct all phases of projects or subsystems of major projects from inception through completion. Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives. Ensures that all project control systems within the scope of the project are in place and integrates project data for decision makers.
- Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies.
- Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives typically have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant experience within ICT, Cyber or Systems Engineering
- Experience in one of the following domains;
- Secure Government
- Commercial Cyber Solutions
- Bids and Proposal Writing
- Prince 2 Foundation or higher or,
- A corporate level control account management or,
- Association of Project Management Practitioners (APMP/APM)
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo an Intrusive Security Clearance Process
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More