BDUK Transportation LeadGosport, England; Yeovil, England; RAF Odiham, England; Gatwick, England; Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the transportation of assets between locations across the UK, liaising with Internal and External Customers, Operational Sites and our Distribution Hub. They will need to be environmentally aware ensuring all EU / UK regulations are adhered to. Based in our Gosport office, but will have the flexibility to be multi located.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works with carriers to route, coordinate, consolidate and expedite shipments.
- Prepares transportation documents and retains shipping records.
- Investigates loss and damage claims.
- Ensures transportation compliance by certifying the shipment of dangerous goods.
- Gathers and analyses information to evaluate and recommend shipment options and prepare transportation plans
- Prepares and communicates shipment routing instructions.
- Processes freight bills, assesses expenditures and manages freight costs.
- Provides liaison information, instructions and coordination on international and domestic freight shipments.
- Supports the selection, negotiation and administration of contracts for transportation services.
- Provide data to aid completion of the Technical Standards for Completion of Carbon Reduction Plans.
- Liaise with all stake holders.
- Maintain Health and Safety standards and ensure business polices are adhered to.
- Support business KPI’s
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous multimodal transportation experience required.
- Dangerous Goods Awareness (ADR / IATA / MDG) advantageous.
- Transport Operators CPC advantageous.
- Knowledge of Defence Logistics advantageous.
- Knowledge of HMRC regulations and the impact it has on current operations is advantageous, but not essential.
- Be IT literate with common MS Applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Previous SAP experience advantageous.
- Transportation Planning Experience essential.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
All information will be checked and verified.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities