Business Support Specialist ( Staff Analyst - Engineering Function)Gosport, England
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), provides support to the UK’s Chinook helicopter fleet and works closely with industry partners in supporting the UK’s Apache helicopter fleet of aircraft. Boeing employs around 2,000 people across the UK at numerous sites, from Glasgow to Gosport. With additional Boeing aircraft scheduled to enter UK military service over the next few years, the Engineering function within BDUK is experiencing considerable growth, which requires an additional Business Support Specialist to join the team at Gosport, Hampshire UK.
The role will require the successful candidate to:
- Provide resource management support and coordination of functional workload planners. Monitor functional utilisation reports. Prepare functional overhead metric reports
- Coordinate and maintain training requirements. Maintain competency records and authorisations.
- Act as focal for records and information management and maintain internal functional web pages and libraries
- Provide support to functional change board meeting and activities
- Provide support to functional governance tasks and activities
- Support functional training
- Provide support to function projects and activities as deemed suitable by their manager
- Provide support to functional meetings, facilitating meetings and pack preparation as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Collect and assemble data from multiple sources. Conduct research and assists with the evaluation of organizational issues
- Summarise and review documentation and develop management and other resource-related material
- Develop and maintain project schedule for functional projects, monitor and track execution of the plan
- Work with the management team to plan and execute employee-related activities and initiatives
- Plan and coordinate group-level facility requirements
- Provide functional status reports
- Support Engineering Functional leadership in the strategic intent and directional focus of large facilitated meetings and events
- Gather functional requirements for projects.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Relevant work related experience in line with the role
- Strong communicator
- a good understanding of various Microsoft packages in particular Excel is essential
- Business support and departmental experience desirable with an ability to present data effectively.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Relocation is not available for this role.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More