Commercial ManagerGosport, England; Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently hiring a Commercial Manager in the UK. This is a non-management role that will directly support the execution of the Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract. This full time role is nominally based in Gosport, UK, but hybrid working options are available.
About the role:
Reporting to the Boeing Defence UK Limited (BDUK) Head of Commercial Vertical Lift, this role will provide support to the Chinook Commercial Team Lead in the effective administration of the TLCS contract. This role requires building effective relationships with internal functions and the UK MoD customer, and will support the wider team with the delivery of their obligations under the contract.
Particular areas of focus could include:
- Supporting the team with change management and additional tasking requests. You will be supported by the Team Lead as you take ownership of delivering commercial inputs to additional tasking proposals.
- Under the guidance of the Team Lead you will assist the TLCS team by providing contractual guidance and interpretation.
- Joining cross functional teams to develop compliant proposals in response to competitive tendering activities
- Excellent customer relationship management
- First-time quality
- Fast and effective responsiveness to emerging needs and requirements
- Integrated business partnering with stakeholders
- Ability to independently manage a diverse, fast-paced workload with minimal managerial oversight
- A high degree of independence and a willingness to learn.
This position is expected to fulfil a variety of tasks and responsibilities typically associated with a Commercial Management role, including, but not limited to:
- Exercising appropriate signature authority, participating in proposal development, negotiating and contracting for the sale and support of aerospace products, services, technologies to support company strategies.
- Leading the presentation and development of low/medium complexity change requests and new business proposals.
- Supporting the Chinook Team Lead with reporting performance against contract KPI’s and incentives.
- Representing the company in external meeting and able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts.
- Supporting the coordination and collaboration with a broad range of internal functional disciplines, integrating business/finance/programme priorities to create solutions that balance business financial performance and customer relationship management.
- Summarizing contractual issues, and contributing to the development of creative solutions and coordination of contractual risk mitigation.
- Implementing and maintaining effective commercial governance through internal processes to protect company interest and ensure fully aligned work approaches.
- Administering contracts and agreements in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Contributing to the efficient operation of the wider commercial team by managing contract documentation and taking ownership of local processes and policies.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work in a matrix environment, using collaborative relationships to achieve goals.
- Eye for business and commercial awareness.
- Previous experience of working in a contract/commercial management role would be desirable but not essential.
This role would suit somebody who is early in their career, possibly a recent graduate of a business or law degree, who has had experience of working in a multi-disciplined team focused on the efficient delivery of a common objective. Applicants should be a good communicator, have a desire to learn, be proactive and have strong business acumen.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a Security Clearance Process, which will require 5 years uninterrupted residency in the UK prior to applying.
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities