Data Exploitation Intern (12 Months)Gosport, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are looking for an Aerospace Engineering Data Exploitation (DE)/Reliability Engineering Specialist Intern to be assigned to support the UK Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS2) and Chinook Engine Support Arrangement (CESA) programmes.
The position is to be based in Gosport, Hampshire, working in the Data Exploitation/ Reliability Engineering Team (DET); the individual will report to the ILS Manager through the DE Lead. You will execute DE/R&M functions and activities to provide in-service support and ensure sustainment predominantly of Boeing Chinooks – all Mks, including Engines, for the United Kingdom’s Royal Air Force. The successful candidate will also be called upon to support other aircraft DE/R&M activity as capability requires.
- Assisting in developing/maintaining plans and processes to ensure DE and R&M products meet technical data regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensuring Data Governance and Data Assurance is maintained, and is able to deliver Data Integrity and Data Quality.
- Conducting tasks to identify, collate, analyse, document and provide coherent and actionable data information relevant to DE and R&M.
- Identifying and progressing Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Liaising with Engineering, Advanced Systems (AS), Business Information Systems (BIS), R&M, ILS, Publications, RCMA, LSA, Supply Chain and other Support Product Departments both in Boeing UK and USA to glean and/or provide data and information to support their tasks and activities.
- Supporting the conduction of FRACAS.
- Supporting internal and external audits and reviews to ensure products and data information meet requirements.
- Production of routine DE Outputs.
- Supporting the Chinook programme Charters and Management Plans, Processes and Procedures, recommending and drafting updates and maintenance of these as necessary.
- Assisting in briefing both internally and externally, including programme management, on DE/R&M and the benefits, identifying, communicating and influencing future business opportunities within the scope of the programme.
- Actively engaging with other UK Chinook organisations and stakeholders to seek innovative solutions to improve programme metrics and reduce cost of ownership.
- You will be expected to work under general supervision.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- IT proficient (particularly Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills with a focus for detail
- Interest in working with data
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a Security Clearance Process, which will require 5 years uninterrupted residency in the UK prior to applying.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities