Finance AnalystGosport, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) Aircraft Support team is looking for a Finance Analyst to join the UK team based out of Gosport. BDUK work closely with our customers to provide ongoing support and services to multiple public sector organisations for the UK government and MoD. This role will have the opportunity to work within a team which spans both current in-work and new contracts within a fun and challenging business growth environment with offices in multiple sites across the UK.
At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged. This role is based at Gosport.
The individual will have the opportunity to work on cross functional teams for both daily work as well as special projects, interacting and collaborating with other functions such as Scheduling, Material Cost Management, Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis. They will also start developing relationships with Program Managers across the business in support of Financial Operations for the programmes they will be supporting.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Develop resource forecasts and/or Estimates at Completion (EACs) for control accounts, budgets, functions or pools; financial EACs for contracts or programs. Initiates analysis of: resource forecasts and/or control account EACs; financial EACs
- Compile data from multiple sources and develops performance reports. Initiates variance analyses and provides understanding of operational and financial performance to management
- Make recommendations to management on financial performance projections using financial and business knowledge and experience
- Develop, review, analyse and maintain cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines, including earned value, and variance analyses and communicates cost and/or schedule trends.
- Develop estimates and prices from technical requirements through the design, build, and aftermarket support stages of the program
- Develop, prepare and validate estimates and prices.
- Evaluate requests for proposal, substantiates estimates/pricing and assembles price proposals
- Prior experience of EVM
- Prior pricing experience
- Skilled team member/contributor
- Business (Financial) Acumen
- Strong Written and Oral Communication skills
- Experience of driving and delivering business results
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- IT proficient (particularly Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ideally qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance
Visa Status and Relocation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Relocation benefits are not available. Successful candidates must have existing / ability to obtain legal authorisation to work in the UK for continued employment.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More