Finance AnalystGosport, England; Bristol, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) Vertical Lift team is looking for a Financial Operations Analyst to join the UK team based out of Gosport or Bristol with some remote working a possibility. BDUK works closely with our customers to provide ongoing support and services to multiple public sector organisations for the UK government and MoD. First arriving in the UK 40 years ago, BDUK maintains the UK’s Chinook fleet of 60 helicopters under the Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract, the Digital Automatic Flight Control System (DAFCS) upgrade programme and the Chinook Engine Support Arrangement (CESA). This role will have the opportunity to work within a team which spans both current in-work and new contracts within a fun and challenging business growth environment.
The individual will have the opportunity to work on cross functional teams for both daily work as well as special projects, interacting and collaborating with other functions such as Scheduling, Material Cost Management, Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis. They will also start developing relationships with Program Managers across the business in support of Financial Operations for the programmes they will be supporting. We will do our utmost to develop you and to ensure that you progress within the team, and enjoy a full career with the Boeing Company. At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged.
- Supporting development resource forecasts and/or Estimates at Completion (EACs) for control accounts, budgets, functions or pools
- Supporting financial EACs for contracts or programs
- Initiating analysis of: resource forecasts and/or control account EACs; financial EACs
- Compiling data from multiple sources and develops performance reports
- Initiating variance analyses and provides understanding of operational and financial performance to management
- Developing, reviewing, analysing and maintaining cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines, including earned value, and variance analyses and communicates cost and/or schedule trends.
- Performing analyses and providing recommendations in support of pricing/estimating (risk, financial, competitive, etc.)
- Performing compliance activities including policy and procedure development, system/tool deployment and training delivery
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- A Degree in a related field
- Experience working within an operations-facing finance team
- Prior experience of EVM (preferably using CSPR, COBRA and Open Plan)
- Skilled team member/contributor
- Business (Financial) Acumen
- Strong Written and Oral Communication skills
- IT proficient (particularly Excel, PowerPoint
- Working towards a financial qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which UK residency is required
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.