Labour Reporting Analyst TLCS2Gosport, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) Vertical Lift team is looking for a Financial Operations Analyst to join the UK team based out of Gosport. There will be opportunity for some virtual or hybrid working depending on business needs. Boeing UK works closely with our customers to provide ongoing support and services to multiple public sector organisations for the UK government and MoD.
The individual will have the opportunity to work on cross functional teams for both daily work as well as special projects, interacting and collaborating with other functions/teams such as Programme Management, Engineering, Supply Chain aswell as interactions with other elements of the UK&I Finance & Commercial team such as Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis. It will be key that the successful individual partners with key contacts across the business in support of Financial Operations for the programme they will be supporting.
There will be a focus on skill development and career progression throughout the different areas of the finance function and the individual will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a pro-active, fast paced, dynamic environment. Opportunities for professional development with external accreditationare also available for further career development. We will do our utmost to develop you and to ensure that you progress within the team, and enjoy a full career with the Boeing Company. At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged.
- Act as primary financial focal point with regards to labour forecast inputs for the designated business areas providing the management team financial support and information to enable timely and accurate decision making around the labour element of this key Chinook Sustainment contract.
- Perform financial Estimates At Complete (EAC) in collaboration with Business Partners and provide these inputs into the Quarterly EAC process to facilitate decision making by Senior Leadership.
- Utilize Earned Value Management techniques and tools to interpret, analyze and understand monthly performance information, the drivers behind any cost variances and support the preparation of mitigation and action plans to resolve any issues
- Extracting data and compiling performance reports while assisting with preparing variance analyses.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly financial forecasting process across designated business areas for the assigned sustainment contract.
- Evaluate the potential impact of Risks and Opportunities and support operational teams to identify and implement mitigation plans driving profitability
- Report programme performance including progress to plan, performance taken, and remaining effort, including effects on Orders, Revenue, Earnings & Cash
- Provide analysis and recommendations for the business in support of required financial performance
- Support consistency and standardization across the wider BDUK FinOps team, ensuring compliance to Boeing standards and requirements
- Support the development of performance reporting metrics and management information for use by programme leadership team
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience working within a Finance team acting as a Business Partner to key Operational Managers & Executives.
- Prior experience of EVM (such as CSPR, COBRA and Open Plan) would be preferred
- Skilled team member/contributor
- Business (Financial) Acumen
- Strong Written and Oral Communication skills
- Experience of driving and delivering Business Results
- Focus on Customer satisfaction
- IT proficient (particularly Excel, Powerpoint)
- Part qualified Accountant or similar
- Background in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance or Project Accounting/controlling preferred.
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which UK residency is required
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award