Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) EngineersGosport, England; Bristol, England
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
About the Role:
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is looking for a Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) Engineer o support new business opportunities and existing product platforms, mainly fixed and rotor wing aircraft.
At Boeing, we are innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you will learn and grow; contributing to work that crafts the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,400 people in the UK. We are responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including new capabilities like the E-7 AEW&C and the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR Services, Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services and are very much in a growth phase.
Boeing Defence UK engineering function operates a matrix organisation consisting of engineering departments that deliver technical skills, expertise and products into our programmes. This role will be in the Product Support Engineering Department. The Department consists of the following technical areas:
- Reliability Centred Maintenance Analysis
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Engineering Data Exploitation
- Obsolescence Management
- Technical Publications
- Integrated Logistic Support Engineering.
As a LSA engineer, you will call upon your experience to facilitate and implement LSA philosophies and techniques whilst remaining compliant with the appropriate regulatory standards. You will report to the BDUK Support Engineering Manager whilst being technically supported by the LSA Technical Lead and our other capability specialists within the department
- Review of the LSA following changes to programme and configuration baselines,
- Initial population of LSA Tables and subsequent updating through the Product Lifecycle,
- Review of Maintenance Task Analysis documentation and Vendor data to undertake Level of Repair Analysis (LORA),
- Generation of Modification Spare Provisioning Lists (MSPL) and Initial Provisioning (IP), Ranging and Scaling Lists to support Modification Packages,
- Review of Technical Documentation to assist in the resolution of alternative solutions for long lead time spare orders,
- Work in close conjunction with the Material & Demand Forecasting Team in resolving spares issues and codification support,
- Providing the initial response to Supply Chain for immediate Technical Queries related to the provision and use of parts on aircraft,
- Work in close conjunction with the ILS Technical Publications Team to ensure alignment of the Air-System Documentation Set with changes to the logistics support baselines,
- Support contingency planning and requirements to take Programmes efficiently into Sustainment,
- Mentoring Material & Demand Forecasting Team members in the use of Technical Information, Work as directed by the LSA Lead Engineer.
Required Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
- Previous practical experience of Aircraft maintenance
- Experience of Logistics Support Analysis with the use of a LSAR
- Logistic Support Analysis /Integrated Logistical Support related work experience
- Crucial to be able to acquire UK SC security clearance.
Preferred Qualifications (Experience/Education/Skills):
- An understanding of Support Engineering in the Military environment
- Logistics Support Analysis/Support Analysis
- An ability to read and interpret Aircraft Drawing sets and associated engineering artefacts
- Authoring of Support Product documentation
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering subject
- Ability to work with the cross functional business stakeholders to identify optimisation opportunities
- Ability to liaise with the OEM platform side of Boeing to integrate the UK solution with those that exist on the base platforms
- Proven track record to drive first time quality
- Experience of working with international support standards such as Def Stan 00-600, ASD/AIA Suite of S Series ILS Specifications
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to acquire Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: Willingness and eligibility to undergo and acquire a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE is required.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities