Product Support Engineering Manager (Support Technical Manager-General)Gosport, England
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing Defence UK operates an engineering matrix organisation consisting of engineering capabilities that deliver technical skills, expertise and products into our programmes. One of the capabilities is Product Support Engineering which provides the product supportability infrastructure comprising the following technical areas:
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Reliability Centred Maintenance Analysis
- Engineering Data Exploitation
- Integrated Logistic Support Engineering and
- Technical Publications
The Product Support Engineering Manager will manage a team of support engineering staff providing both technical leadership and personnel management for the capability.
Key skills required for the post:
- People Management - lead and coach the Support Engineering Team, managing resources effectively, employee development, coordinating employee training and supporting all programme and functional objectives.
- The identification and implementation of Support Engineering Best Practices, guidance on Support Engineering processes and related tools
- Manage the processes and tools for Support Engineers
- Focus on enhancing the capability of our Support Engineering team to deliver high quality and efficient service to the Business Unit and the Boeing Engineering function
- Working with the cross functional business stakeholders to identify optimisation opportunities and ways in which suppliers can enhance our offering to our clients.
- Liaising with the OEM platform side of Boeing to integrate the UK solutions with those that exist on the base platforms
- Drive first time quality, replicate solutions across the different programmes and drive cost improvements.
- Preferably educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering subject.
- To be successful in the role you will need to have a significant amount of Support Engineering/Integrated Logistical Support related work experience and recognized training.
- Experience of working with international support standards such as Def Stan 00-600, ASD/AIA Suite of S Series ILS Specifications,
- Management, leadership and supervisory knowledge and experience is highly desirable.
- Ideally you will have experience with the either FW or Rotorcraft platforms, along with previous experience with the use of SLICWAVE, and/or GOLDesp.
- Previous involvement with UK MoD customers is also essential.
- Ability to obtain UK SC security clearance
Holding SC security clearance or the ability to obtain UK SC security clearance.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Relocation is not available for this role.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More