Project Support Intern (12 Months)Gosport, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence United Kingdom (BDUK) is looking for an Project Support Intern to join Programme Management team. BDUK is a rapidly growing part of the Boeing Company operating across the UK to deliver a number of key programmes of work within the Aerospace and Defence sector. The Programme Management function operates as a key business partner to all areas of the business supporting operations through the provision of timely and accurate supply of goods & services and advice to enable effective decision making.
- Develop project plans and define deliverables that meet identified requirements, and Customer expectations.
- Support programme/project operating rhythms.
- Identify and manage project risks, issues and opportunities.
- Help establish and manage project baselines; participate in programme change boards.
- Preparation of presentation material for internal and external meetings.
- Report project status and performance metrics to program leadership team and Customer.
- Identify and implement process, quality and productivity improvement action plans.
- Work with the Customer to proactively identify additional opportunities, and ways to improve levels of service.
- Promote a ‘Help Needed’ culture where appropriately requesting help is encouraged and those providing help are held accountable.
- Apply industry standards and any available data source for best practices, lessons learned, historical and forecast data to perform trend, earned value and variance analyses to create a baseline project plan.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Knowledge of project and programme management
- Business (financial) acumen
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Driving for business results
- Customer satisfaction focus
- IT proficient (particularly Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills with a focus for detail
- Integrity and strong ethical values
Typical Education & Experience:
- Studying or graduating with a business related degree (preferred)
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorization to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a Security Clearance Process, which will require 5 years uninterrupted residency in the UK prior to applying.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities