Technical Publications Development SpecialistGosport, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK is looking a Technical Publications Development Specialist based in Gosport, United Kingdom.
Technical Publications Development Specialist will report to the Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) engineering and supportability team site manager. The individual will be required to monitor, progress and support Boeing and Customer requirements for design organization change to the Air System Document Set. Additionally, the post will provide investigation and resolution of discrepancies or issues related to contract deliverables as part of the CH47 Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) sustainment activities. Occasional travel may be required
Job role will support the Aircraft Maintenance Manual Lead in tracking and generation of internal task assignments and will encompass the following functions:
- Investigate, compile, and review all available source technical data and write new or changed material in compliance with ASD S1000D and AvP70 specifications.
- Research subject matter as appropriate to create and verify accurate and usable content with a focus on first time quality.
- Maintain and archive data files to ensure that records are current, available and comply with quality management system requirements.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
- Understanding of the MoD Unsatisfactory Feature Reporting process (MoD F765) or equivalent publications change management processes, aircraft and component maintenance procedures, configuration management, specifications and standards ideally with a knowledge of the United Kingdom Defence, Military or Aerospace industry.
- Ability for multi-tasking in a diverse teaming environment. CH47 / Rotary wing experience highly desirable.
- Completed a City and Guilds or ISTC accredited author training package or authoring experience in the aerospace industry is desirable.
- The individual must be in a position to apply publications management experience, upkeep and monitor compliance to publications process inclusive of change management.
- The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and standards is essential.
- Prior Logistics Support Analysis experience is desirable.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills are essential in providing advice and support to multi -functional teams and the customer.
- Must be conversant with MS Office applications to include, MS Word, Excel and Power point as a minimum.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.