Computing Architect 5Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County
Solution Architect for Crew Management Systems
Jeppesen, a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is one of the largest software development companies in Göteborg. We develop innovative optimization solutions for the world’s leading airlines. We are dedicated to continuous improvement, delivering more value to our clients, and exploring emerging technologies such as quantum computing, AI and big data analytics.
At Jeppesen’s office in central Göteborg you will work in a one-of-a-kind software development organization with fascinating solutions that make a real difference to people around the world. You will be working in an agile learning organization, surrounded by a team of talented, creative and dedicated colleagues. You will learn and broaden your perspective by working with 400 professionals from more than 30 different nations, but also be part of a global organization allowing for collaboration with customers and colleagues across the world. Most importantly, you will be expected to make a difference.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you‘ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
We are currently seeking a Solution Architect to team up with us on this exciting journey. The person we are looking for will work in the crew planning area of our company and be part of a software release train, which is a mission-critical 24x7 system, comprising several development teams located both in Sweden and abroad. You will be working in close collaboration with the teams and our portfolio to make sure the system delivery holds the expected characteristics. We expect you to be committed and self-sufficient, as well as helpful and collaborative. You are passionate about keeping up-to-date with current best practices and are expected to drive change and assist teams when they implement needed changes. We expect you to have hands-on experience and a good understanding of software development in B2B domains . Terminology such as Continuous Integration, DevSecOps, Scalability, Performance, Availability, Monitoring, SaaS, Containerization, Cloud and customer configuration are well known to you.
- Vision: While Product Management provides the business vision, the Solution Architect is the single point of contact for the technical vision of our products and ensures that both the business vision and the technical vision are aligned
- Organization liaison: You have a good understanding of what is happening in different parts of the organization in the architecture domain and make sure that decisions made in the domain are anchored to the rest of the organization
- Representation in our Agile Release Trains: You ensure that the architecture work packages are properly represented in the release trains and you also help the release management team to find the balance between necessary architecture work and features needed in the product
- Leadership: As a servant leader you are:
- Accountable for the continuous evolution of architecture
- Providing the necessary technical facilitation when needed
- Partnering with the other architects and coaching the development teams
- Big picture: You have a good understanding of how the big picture is formed – how different products come together and serve the business
- Excellent communication skills – proficient in “business-speak” and “tech-speak” and fluent in English (our corporate language), both spoken and written
- Experience of a similar role in organizations with multiple products
- Ability to quickly learn a complex setup
- Experience of systems architecture, integration, and data and content migration
- Good understanding of application, information and infrastructure architectures & mission critical systems
- Embracing leading with courage and passion, making customer priorities our own, collaborating with candor and honesty, delivering with excellence - which are some of our company values
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Relocation is not supported. Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain legal authorization to work in Sweden for continued employment. The candidate is responsible for ensuring no historical issues or barriers exist that may result in immigration issues. Final decision regarding immigration will be determined by the Swedish Immigration Office based on the applicant’s education and personal background.
All Information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date of the job posting.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More