Data Scientist – OptimizationGothenburg, Västra Götaland County
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are You up for a Challenge?
We are looking for highly motivated and creative problem solvers that can help us build the next generation of Optimizers.
We are now strengthening and expanding our Crew Pairing Optimization Team to take our world leading optimization solutions to the next generation. Our planning products are the leading solutions on the market and we relentlessly strive to make them better – always aiming to maximize customer value. The Pairing optimizer today is used to schedule approximately 400 000 persons for 70 airlines.
To succeed in building the next generation of solutions, we need a world class Data Scientist – Optimization who wants to join our agile teams consisting of some of the best developers in the world. As a member of our agile teams, you get to take full responsibility for the products we build. You and the team will collaborate with other teams, partners and our clients to make sure we continuously raise the bar. You will also have the possibility to continuously deepen your knowledge by attending conferences and study groups, or perhaps even becoming a teacher in our own Academy.
Are you passionate about building great software?
Our teams have a lot of fun and are known for their professional attitude and a warm team spirit. They are committed to building the best optimization products on the planet. We hope that you are a person who:
- Wants to be a driving force in Optimization
- Likes to solve mathematical problems, especially discrete optimization problems
- Is passionate about building robust software that is easy to use and maintain
- Always wants to grow and learn new things and has a growth mindset
- Continuously wants to innovate and explore new technology such as e.g. Machine Learning
Do you want to join one of the largest companies in the World?
The Gothenburg office is located close to the Central Station and is responsible for most of the development of Jeppesen’s Crew and Fleet Planning Optimization products. With people from more than 30 different countries working at the office, we offer a great and inspiring work environment. We put considerable value in personality and want our colleagues to apply an ‘ownermentality’ to the work they do.
So, if you want to join one of the largest companies in the world, work with solving extremely complex problems that affect the operations of major airlines and millions of travelers around the globe – reach out to us and let’s take the first step towards your new career.
Leads cross-functional teams to determine, define and deploy complex predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to meet business objectives. Evaluates business objectives and determines stakeholder needs. Chooses best fit methods, defines algorithms, validates and deploys models to achieve business results. Performs necessary data preparation and enhancements to models.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Today we use a variety of tools and technologies. To give you a flavour, we mainly do development in C++ and Python. We use Jenkins to keep track of our releases and pipelines. When we are not working with our own solvers, we use 3rd party solvers from FICO (Xpress) and Gurobi. Our products run on a Linux & Oracle environment and we are now exploring how modern cloud architecture can improve the customer experience.
- 3+ years’ experience from developing similar applications
- Strong C++ skills with proven track record of industrial product development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- As an optimization expert we see a mentoring personality and a focus around building strength within the team as well as outside the team
- Creates state of the art solutions
- Ensures high quality, including maintainability, of individual and team deliveries
- Drives Clean Code
- Suggests new tools, IDEs, Techniques
- Drives Continuous integrations and deployments
- Practice a DevOps mindset and drives implementation of shorter feedback loops
- Fluency in English language
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Airline or Railway applications
- Simulation packages
- Statistical analysis
- Machine learning
- MSc Degree
Join us if you want:
- Professional skills development with our virtual learning tools and platforms (Digital Campus, LinkedIn Learning, Degreed, EdX, Enterprise Mentoring, Communities of Excellence & Practice)
- To broaden your experience in international projects, technical workshops and hackathons
- Additional days off for Christmas break (December 24th-January 1st)
- Employee recognition program (Boeing PridePoints)
- Private Medical Insurance (Skandia)
- Pension Plan (Defined Contribution Plan)
Employer is willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Please apply by sending your CV in English.
This position does not offer relocation sponsoring.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award