EXTERNAL PRODUCT IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALISTGothenburg, Västra Götaland County
Jeppesen, a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is one of the largest software development companies in Göteborg. We develop innovative optimization solutions for the world’s leading airlines. We are dedicated to continuous improvement, delivering more value to our clients, and exploring emerging technologies such as quantum computing, AI and big data analytics.
At Jeppesen’s office in central Göteborg you will work in a one-of-a-kind software development organization with fascinating solutions that make a real difference to people around the world. You will be working in an agile learning organization, surrounded by a team of talented, creative and dedicated colleagues. You will learn and broaden your perspective by working with 400 professionals from more than 30 different nations, but also be part of a global organization allowing for collaboration with customers and colleagues across the world. Most importantly, you will be expected to make a difference.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you‘ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Summary of the role
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to Airlines. The Project Manager is responsible for managing several concurrent projects using agile project methods. In short the Project Manager should protect the fixed Agile Implementation teams from governance distraction, coordinate level of complexity and streamline decision making. In performing these, the Project Manager will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in traditional project management principles and practices with an agile development approach in the right proportions to fit medium, complex projects. The Project Manager needs to be able to frequently do travels to our clients within EMEA. You will work will work tightly together with Implementation Manager and Client Solutions Owner/Product Owner.
Essential job skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the Management level.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands and being able to do prioritizations.
- Gains trust, resolves conflicts and diffuses sensitive political situations through empathy. Tailors communication style accordingly.
- Continually seeks and appropriately incorporates customer feedback to refine scope throughout the life cycle.
- An inspiring and positive approach are needed to find a way and challenging team and client.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Proven ability to work proactively and drive issues and deliverables to resolution.
- Fluent in English both in writing and orally.
- At least five years of experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies.
- At least five years of experience with Project Management techniques and methods.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or projects using agile methodologies in a client facing environment.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Balanced business/technical background. Sufficient level of technical experience to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams. Ability to provide leadership to Business Consulting, Sales and collaborate with clients.
- Solid experience of working with JIRA, Confluence, MS Project and all MS office tools.
- Master of Science within computer science or equivalent experience is preferred.
- PMP or likewise Certification preferred.
- Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- Certified SAFe agilist is a merit.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Relocation is not supported. Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain legal authorization to work in Sweden for continued employment. The candidate is responsible for ensuring no historical issues or barriers exist that may result in immigration issues. Final decision regarding immigration will be determined by the Swedish Immigration Office based on the applicant’s education and personal background.
All Information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date of the job posting.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More