Lead UX DesignerGothenburg, Västra Götaland County
Lead User Experience Designer
At Jeppesen we create amazing software that helps millions of passengers around the world to safely and efficiently reach their destination. Look up in the sky and you will see a quarter of a million crew members on thousands of aircraft, flying schedules produced by our software. We are the best in the world at what we do. We are the preferred choice for the world’s premiere airlines such as Lufthansa, Delta Airlines, Qatar Airways, SAS, Turkish Airlines, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Singapore Airlines and many others.
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer to support project teams in our Gothenburg office dedicated to Flight Operations and Crew Management.
Tasks & Expectations
In close collaboration with the project teams you will identify user and customer needs and turn them into products and experiences that empower our customers businesses. As a member of the Global Product Design team you will collaborate mainly with the EMEA Product design Team (Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Gdansk) and other designers located in Denver, Seattle and Vancouver to maintain and improve our consistent design and user experience. As a Lead UX Designer you will partner with the local Product Management to ensure that their projects receive sufficient UX support during all phases of the product life cycle and align related activities in close collaboration with the EMEA Product Design Lead. Your duties will also include…
- Research and execution of usability analysis, design, and development of system user interactions as well as development and maintenance of user interface architecture and design patterns.
- Translate research insights into adequate user experience prototypes and craft interaction models, screen designs and detailed user interactions.
- Ideate, create, and iteratively improve user interfaces for aviation related applications.
- Work directly with users, stakeholders and customers during all phases of the project to develop strategies and specifications to create/improve the performance, usability and effectiveness of native mobile and/or web-based software applications.
- Develop and maintain user interface design patterns, graphics, and style guides for user interfaces.
- Ensure availability and application of the architecture, design patterns, and style guides with the Product Design organization.
- Develop and maintain wireframes and/or use case artifacts that communicate the desired product workflow.
- Work independently or with other UX specialists and project teams to identify and define visual designs and usability requirements for the user experience.
- Manage consulting/contractor staff in execution of UX activities for assigned projects.
- Partner with internal mobile development team, business analysts, architects and our business partners to deliver solutions to the business with high quality and elegant design.
Skills & Experience
You should bring a solid background based on minimum of 7+ years relevant design experience (Interaction Designer, UI designer, Visual Designer, and/or Human Factors Engineer). Communication skills and team player qualities are equally important.
- Driven by curiosity and eager to work in one of the most exciting industries on the planet.
- Ability to discuss eye-to-eye with stakeholders like Engineering Managers, Product Owners etc.
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Team player and self-starter who can organize activities and deeply collaborate with other designers and subject matter experts.
- Understanding of design process, design methods, design principles and a solid intuition.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction, Visual Design, Information Technology, Computer Science, Human Factors Engineering, Psychology, or related disciplines and typically 7 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of aviation and/or aviation technology would be highly desirable.
- Experience with agile methods (e.g. SAFE).
- Experienced in working in a corporate environment.
Your application documents should contain
- A cover letter reviewing your experiences and your interest
- Your CV
- Copies of your degrees (university, apprenticeship, high school)
- Copies of references from your former employers (if available)
Additionally, your application should include a strong design portfolio (online or pdf) full of examples and your design process.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Pay will be determined at the local level. Successful candidates must have, and be able to maintain legal authorisation to work in Sweden for continued employment.
Relocation is not available with this role.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More