Mid-Level User Experience DesignerGothenburg, Västra Götaland County
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are looking for a Mid-Level User Experience Designer to support project teams in our central Gothenburg office dedicated to Flight Operations and Crew Management. The UX Designer will be designing software for commercial aircraft customers providing them competitive advantage by solving real operational problems, enabling better decisions and improving efficiency through world class optimization algorithms. The Gothenburg organization is highly proficient. We expect you to make a mark, to communicate the value of UX and the UX process, and to be a strong representative of the user in the many design challenges.
You will be part of the larger Boeing Global Services (BGS) Customer Experience (CX) organization of over 100 researchers, product designers, and data analysts. You will benefit from, and supply to, our DesignOps initiatives, such as our design system, training program, ResearchOps, and tools working groups. You will collaborate mainly with the EMEIA CX Design Team (Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Gdansk, Bangalore, Gothenburg) and other designers located in Denver, Seattle and Vancouver to maintain and improve our consistent design and user experience.
You will report to a UX manager with over 20 years of experience in the design industry who cares deeply about mentorship and career development. Your primary tasks will surround web and mobile products designed for large numbers of airline employee users. Long term career growth assignments may include expert systems. This is an onsite position, although limited remote work is common.
Joining the small local Design Team, the UX Designer will research and design workflows and user interfaces. In close collaboration with various project teams, you will identify user and customer needs and turn them into products and experiences that empower our customers businesses.
Design work is primarily done in Sketch and InVision (Figma coming soon).
- Empathize: A UX designer fully participates in research activities. They may prepare and conduct interviews, work with data analysts on surveys, and participate in design sprints.
- Define: A UX designer will work with product owners to analyze research data and use it to build journey maps, scenarios, service blueprints and other documentation.
- Ideate: A UX designer will develop solutions through brainstorming, sketching, and the creation of mockups, regularly seeking feedback from the team and providing feedback and guidance to other team members. They will present concepts to product management and other partners.
- Prototype: UX designers will create prototypes and present them to management and other partners.
- Test: A UX designer may plan and conduct testing activities, working directly with users and collecting feedback.
- Implement: UX designers will work closely with developers to ensure accurate implementation and appropriate use of the design system. Those with front end development skills may supply components to the design system.
- Measure: UX designers build surveys and work with data analysts to supervise usage metrics.
Employer will not to sponsor applicants for employment visa status
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction, Visual Design, Information Technology, Computer Science, Human Factors Engineering, Psychology, or related subject areas.
- At least 5 years of UX design experience.
- Experience with agile methods (e.g. SAFe).
- Ability to learn and understand sophisticated technical solutions.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written.
- Strong communication skills.
- A curious mind.
- Great teammate with high integrity.
- Self-starter and independent worker.
- Strong advocate for the UX process.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Understanding of aviation industry and systems.
- Experience in working in a corporate environment.
Please apply and include the following documentation in English:
- A cover letter reviewing your experiences and your interest.
- You’re CV.
- A strong design portfolio (online or pdf (max. 2MB)) full of examples and reflecting your design process.
- Copies of your degrees (university, apprenticeship, high school).
- Copies of references from your former employers (if available).
Attach all these documents in the one and same step of the application flow.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award