Office Administrator (Office Administration)Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County
Jeppesen, a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is one of the largest software development companies in Göteborg. We develop innovative optimization solutions for the world’s leading airlines. We are dedicated to continuous improvement, delivering more value to our clients, and exploring emerging technologies such as quantum computing, AI and big data analytics.
At Jeppesen’s office in central Göteborg you will work in a one-of-a-kind software development organization with fascinating solutions that make a real difference to people around the world. You will be working in an agile learning organization, surrounded by a team of talented, creative and dedicated colleagues. You will learn and broaden your perspective by working with 400 professionals from more than 30 different nations, but also be part of a global organization allowing for collaboration with customers and colleagues across the world. Most importantly, you will be expected to make a difference.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you‘ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Reception is the heart of the company; the warm, welcoming and caring service-hub. You are the face of the company, you are the voice of the company – you are the first impression for all our visitors: customers, colleagues, suppliers and other partners. You have a vital position where you represent not only the office but also the entire Boeing Company. You, and the work you are doing, are very important and a key to the company’s success.
Being part of Boeing we strive for professionalism and a high service-level, as well as a consistent look-and-feel at all sites regardless of location. To unify our sites and ensure a high service-level at all sites, we need to treat our visitors in a similar way, and make sure both we and the Reception/Lobby area look similar.
The Office Administrator job includes a wide variety of duties and responsibilities. Your primary responsibility will be providing support to ensure an efficient, safe and compliant running of the office. You will be responsible for the Customer Service, the Reception, switchboard and the office. To make sure that we are compliant with all applicable laws, policies and regulations. Making sure the office area is clean, tidy and fully functioning. Ensure all is running smoothly in order to help our employees do a good job, spread a professional and positive energy.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of success factors for the Office Administrator. Other duties will be requested as necessary. The overall purpose of the Office Administrator’s role is Customer Services, to support the facility and people, to ensure that the office is safe and secure and that we follow compliances.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible and have the full ownership of the Reception/Lobby area, switchboard, meeting rooms and Facilities coordination
- The Office Administrator is also responsible for all visitors, to prepare visitors badges, receives, welcome, directs and sign-in visitors, employment applicants, salespersons and customers to appropriate locations and parties. Make all visitors feel welcome and notify employees of their visitors’ arrival
- Arranging coffee, catering and smaller events
- Parking permits, organization of taxis and couriers
- Conduct facility related purchases
- Visitors screening, cash desk and cash accounting, lost and found
- General support and service
- Oversee the general ‘quality’ of the facility and care for all general facilities items including arranging maintenance
- Performs administrative duties, compiling reports and material that supports the operations and Reception/Facility
- Support Business Continuity Plans, ISO work
- Accountable for EH&S, Security, comply with all safety requirements and assist in the prompt identification and reporting of safety hazards, near misses and actively support the resolution of corrective action, fire drills, badge audits etc
- Attend weekly update meeting with BIES Team
- Comply to the duties on the BIES Service List
- Conduct BIES On/Offboarding of employees
- Attend and contribute to relevant focus projects, prepare presentations and conduct read-outs
- Responsible for the contact with the FM supplier, cleaning services, coordinates emergency responses to spills, or cleanliness issues
- CSR activities
- You need to have good knowledge of the company, its products and history so that this could be discussed with the visitors and also to hold brief presentations of the company, products etc
- Knowledge of the Technology & IT in the meeting rooms (e.g. power on the lights, PC‘s, screens, presentations, videos, microphones etc.)
- Act independently to achieve favorable results for the office within procedures, policies and expectations
- Act with due care but positively, as well as rapidly and responsively to any and all requests
- Work shifts Monday-Friday, between 08:00 and 17:00
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent in Swedish and English (writing, reading, speaking)
- Additional languages are an advantage
- Minimum three years’ work experience in similar work (Office Administration, Reception, Conference and Service)
- We are looking for a person who likes to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment, and who enjoys acting as a representative for the company
- You have thorough experience from working with office administration and enjoy the role as “Jack of all trades”
- You are positive, extrovert, flexible and unpretentious
- You can easily (and correctly) communicate in both Swedish and English
- You are responsible and can take initiatives and honor commitments
- You are organized and a skilled administrator
- You will be a key person focusing on providing a high level of service to both visitors and employees
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Relocation is not supported. Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain legal authorization to work in Sweden for continued employment. The candidate is responsible for ensuring no historical issues or barriers exist that may result in immigration issues. Final decision regarding immigration will be determined by the Swedish Immigration Office based on the applicant’s education and personal background.
All Information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date of the job posting.
Individual Contributor - C
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More