Privacy and Data Protection Specialist (M,F,D)Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County; Hounslow, England; Amsterdam, North Holland; London, England; Frankfurt am Main, Hesse; Berlin, Land Berlin; Brussels, Brussels Capital; Dublin, Leinster
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing Global Privacy Department is seeking a Privacy and Data Protection Specialist (M,F,D) to support our European Global Privacy Office operations. The position could be located in Gothenburg, Sweden; London or Hounslow, United Kingdom; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Dublin, Ireland; Berlin or Frankfurt Am Main, Germany; Brussels, Belgium.
- Leads the maintenance of company privacy and data protection policies, processes and standards that address privacy and data protection regulations worldwide.
- Provides mentoring and technical leadership for privacy implementations.
- Provides consultation and support to business units and functions and promotes awareness of privacy concepts, legal and regulatory requirements, company privacy and data protection policies, processes, and standard methods and tools.
- Communicates and collaborates with key stakeholders on internal privacy matters.
- Leads privacy and data protection impact assessments against business activity that involves personal information.
- Identifies privacy risks, leads resolution and the development of mitigation plans, and recommends safeguards and controls.
- Maintains understanding of Boeing privacy and information protection policies, processes, controls, standard practices, and global regulatory requirements.
- Leads and coordinates the documentation of processes and improvements.
- Monitors privacy regulations, technology trends, business process changes, and developments in the privacy field; evaluates potential business impacts; and implements applicable changes to Company privacy and data protection governance in response.
- Leads development and manages privacy risk management processes.
- Develops processes and leads response to data subject rights requests and response to privacy incidents.
- Guides development of privacy and data protection training and awareness materials for employees.
- Collaborates with internal audit to review appropriate privacy measures, procedures and evidence to ensure continuous compliance, quality and efficiency.
- Leads due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, and subsidiary integrations, ensuring privacy risks are addressed and resolved.
- Guides efforts of Sales and Marketing campaigns and projects to ensure privacy by design and compliance with privacy and data protection requirements.
- Represents the company’s privacy interests with external parties.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with privacy or data protection laws and regulations
- Experience implementing privacy frameworks, privacy principles and compliance requirements (e.g., privacy by design, ISO/NIST, APEC, GAPP, GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, cookie compliance, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Data Protection, Privacy and/or Information security certification, such as CIPP/E, CISSP, CIPP/US, CDPSE, etc.
- Experiences in leading teams or projects to successful completion
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing leaders, collaborating across functions, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.).
Please apply by sending your CV in English.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.