Service Manager - Software Support Engineer (Versatile Technologist 3)Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County
Jeppesen, a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is one of the largest software development companies in Göteborg. We develop innovative optimization solutions for the world’s leading airlines. We are dedicated to continuous improvement, delivering more value to our clients, and exploring emerging technologies such as quantum computing, AI and big data analytics.
At Jeppesen’s office in central Göteborg you will work in a one-of-a-kind software development organization with fascinating solutions that make a real difference to people around the world. You will be working in an agile learning organization, surrounded by a team of talented, creative and dedicated colleagues. You will learn and broaden your perspective by working with 400 professionals from more than 30 different nations, but also be part of a global organization allowing for collaboration with customers and colleagues across the world. Most importantly, you will be expected to make a difference.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you‘ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Responsible for assisting 2 - 3 customers with the daily management and maintenance of the product, including support, provision of knowledge injections, problem solving, and upgrading to new releases. Ensures that Jeppesen provides service and support as stipulated in service level agreements. Acts as an internal customer on behalf of the clients, works closely with other departments to raise awareness of technical and operational issues regarded as important by the client.
- Analyzes and processes defects and provides interim solutions according to Service Level Agreements.
- Answers questions about the usage of functionalities in the system, including propriety programming languages and other development tools.
- Provides and presents a business case to the customer highlighting the business benefits of the software to the client’s particular operations.
- Delivers software patches and new major releases. Assists customers with the deployment of these patches and releases.
- Ensures the rest of the Jeppesen organization acts upon customer ideas, thoughts, opinions and issues.
- Organizes and participates in the three stages of the health check process, preparation, on-site visit and report writing. Health check is a process looking at the physical condition, usage and maintenance of the product at a customer. The purpose is to maximize the business value of the product and thereby defend the business model.
- Discusses possible system enhancements with product management based on discussions with clients and knowledge of multiple client systems.
- Manages the change request process.
Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Prior experience from customer relations or support is an advantage
- A good technical foundation, eg a BSc or MSc degree in a related area.
- Experience of at least one programming language. Python knowledge would be advantageous. However, you do not need to be a developer.
- Knowledge about any of the following would be an advantage: Unix/Linux, optimization, infrastructure, network administration, databases.
- You have worked 2-5 years in a similar or developer role and have a particular interest in technical problem solving
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Relocation is not supported. Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain legal authorization to work in Sweden for continued employment. The candidate is responsible for ensuring no historical issues or barriers exist that may result in immigration issues. Final decision regarding immigration will be determined by the Swedish Immigration Office based on the applicant’s education and personal background.
All Information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date of the job posting.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More