Systems Expert 4Gothenburg, Västra Götaland County
Senior IT InfrastructureExpert
We arelooking for a motivated individual with very strong technical capabilitiescombined with the ability and desire to learn about and work with complexsystem installations.
This is anopportunity for you to work in an international environment with a team oflikeminded infrastructure experts in a cutting edge expanding Software Company.
The globalhosting and deployment team operates from four different locations; Gothenburg,Montreal, New York and Singapore.
We arelooking for someone that can help us to take the next step, to enable us toexpand our business. We need to work both more structured and smarter.
Thisposition will drive investigations to make sure we are using the best ways ofworking, with the appropriate tools for maintaining our infrastructure andsecurity.
You will bea Subject Matter Expert in several aspects of infrastructure, hostedenvironments and configuration, serving as an advisor to both internal stakeholdersin projects and programs as well as external customers.
Thisposition will be responsible for the daily and long-term support, service ofour hosted customers and also our non-hosted customers with deployments.
What’s in it for you?
You joinone of the largest companies in the world which means access to a wide range ofproducts, technologies, training and perks.
You will beable to work with colleagues and customers from all over the globe in anexpanding and demanding business.
You get theopportunity to become an authority on several airline crew managementproduction system installations.
What do we do?
As an ITInfrastructure Expert you will spend a significant part of your time in thefollowing areas:
- Become an authorityon several Airline Crew Management production system installations.
- Provide applicationmanagement, system administration and advanced technical support to AirlineCrew Management products, according to the Service Level Agreement(s).
- Requirementsdefinition, design and deployment of complex system installations.
- Work close tocustomers (both external and internal) as an infrastructure expert person.
- Work close tocolleagues (in Gothenburg and other sites) as a mentor.
- Installing andmaintaining cloud based servers.
- Assist the clientwith knowledge injections, proactive problem solving and daily management ofthe production installation.
- Act as the primaryinfrastructure contact for the customer and work internally with differentteams to ensure issues are resolved with quality and within expected timeframe.
Who are you?
You have along experience in working as an infrastructure expert.
You takeownerships of issues and work well both independently and within a team.
You areservice minded and enjoy helping customers and colleagues.
Technicalchallenges and technical solving problems excite you!
You enjoy avariety of challenges of a highly technical nature.
You like totake a break from technical matters from time to time in order to enjoy somesocial interaction!
You haveexpert knowledge of Unix and/or Linux and shell scripting.
You are anexpert in one or more of the following areas:
- VMWare, IBM Netapp orsimilar
- Experience withActive Directory, IdP, SAML, LDAP and similar technologies
- Network design,administration and troubleshooting, Routers/Firewalls/NAT
- Univa Grid Engine
- Messaging systemssuch as MQ, ActiveMQ, Qpid
- Windows Server
- Databases (Oraclepreferred)
- Version control (Git/ Mercurial)
The teamyou will be working with consists of 10 system experts. The team is todayserving about 30 airline customers. We are supporting all our customers 24x7with a Follow the Sun support model.
Please notethat applications will be processed continuously and interviews may take placethroughout the period. We look forward to receive your application!
Please notethat we don't accept applications through the above contact details.
Forquestions about the position, please contact Martin Andersson, Manager CrewHosting & Deployment at email@example.com
At Jeppesenin Gothenburg, over 350 employees from over 30 countries develop, implement andsupport cutting-edge resource optimization systems for airlines and railways.We solve some of the most intricate problems you can imagine – in one of themost exciting and dynamic industries you can find. We are passionateabout making the complex simple!
Jeppesen’screw and fleet management solutions are mainly developed in Gothenburg, withsupport from our offices in Montreal, Singapore, and New York. Jeppesen has3,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA.Founded on the production of aeronautical charts, the company celebrated 80years of guiding pilots safely to their destinations in 2014. Jeppesen is asubsidiary of Boeing, the world’s leading aerospace company. Boeing isheadquartered in Chicago, U.S.A., employing more than 160 000 people in 70countries.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More