Technical Support SpecialistGothenburg, Västra Götaland County
One third of pilots and cabin crew worldwide are flying with schedules produced by Jeppesen's innovative solutions. One million pilots use our navigation products, and every day some 70,000 routes around the world are planned with the help of Jeppesen.
At Jeppesen, a subsidiary of Boeing, you will work with exciting customers and fantastic colleagues from around the world. We solve some of the most challenging optimization problems in the world for our customers and our culture is characterized by creativity, professionalism and hard work within an open and flexible work environment. With around 400 employees from over 30 countries. The corporate language is English.
We believe that our employees must be allowed to dream big and have fun for us to remain one of the top companies in the industry. To get the best out of each talent, we encourage and enable our employees to continuously develop and explore. We are focusing on continuous improvements and innovations to bring more value to our clients in the future.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will spend a significant part of your time in at least some of the following areas:
- Analyzing code to assist the client’s support team in finding solutions and workarounds to problems
- Developing proactive tools to assist customers and internal support organization
- Analysis of entire installation (including core application, customization layer, and network/environment) in order to identify root cause
- Implementing improvements to better align client systems
- Inspecting new and existing functionality that our clients do not use, to help them realize business benefits
- Occasionally travelling to visit customers primarily within Europe.
Application Support and Development skill sets wanted:
- We are looking for social, technically competent, energized individuals to work with our aviation Crew and Fleet products
- We are looking for people who are interested in both the development and support aspects of technically leading edge, complex client production installations. Whether it is proactive support through development and automation, or reactive support through problem solving and troubleshooting that interest you, you may find an interesting and challenging role within our team
- You will work with an exciting customisable combination of proactive support, reactive support, and technical account management. You will attain a deep technical understanding of our products, inside and out, working together with the customer’s in house support team.
- Linux and scripting
- Networks and Multi server architectures
- Continuous Improvement of complex application
We put great emphasis on your personal characteristics. We value individuals who have an analytical approach to problem solving, strong communication skills both within and outside your team, an interest for technology as well as human relations and a curiosity to learn and explore new ways of doing things.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Pay will be determined at the local level. Relocation will not be offered. Successful candidates must have, and be able to maintain legal authorisation to work in (specific country name) for continued employment.
Relocation is not available with this role.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
BAMYI3 (B39) - Versatile Technologist 3 (Versatile Technologist
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More