Technical WriterGothenburg, Västra Götaland County
Jeppesen are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join the Technical Information team that provides documentation services for Crew and Ops Management solutions.
At Jeppesen, we create advanced software to help millions of passengers around the world to safely and efficiently reach their destinations. Look up in the skies and you will see a quarter of a million crew members on thousands of aircraft flying schedules produced by our software.
The best in the world at what we do, we are the preferred choice for the world’s premiere airlines all around the globe. Lufthansa, Delta Airlines, Qatar Airways, SAS, Turkish Airlines, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, and Singapore Airlines are just a few of our customers. We strive for continuous improvement and are on a never-ending journey to become an even more agile, even leaner, and even more dynamic organization.
You will work in a one-of-a-kind software development organization with fascinating solutions that make a difference for real people all around the world. You will be surrounded by bright and talented colleagues who are up for any challenge – and who will not hesitate to challenge you. You will have the opportunity to learn and broaden your views by working with more than 200 engineers. But most importantly, you will be able to make a difference.
About the Position
The responsibilities of the skilled Technical Writer include planning, creating, and maintaining technical documentation for Crew and Ops Management solutions, you will work in a self-managed team that supports multiple release trains.
Please note, this position is on site at our office in Gothenburg, Sweden. Relocation is not available.
- At least 5 years direct experience in documenting software systems.
- Direct experience producing documentation for different target audiences.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable.
- Excellent skills in English.
- Experience with content/help authoring tools, such as Adobe FrameMaker and WebWorks ePublisher.
- Sound knowledge of XML and HTML and various help formats.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or equivalent experience in technical writing
- Programming experience in Java, C++, or Python
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as Git and Mercurial
- Experience working in an Agile software environment
- Experience writing in a structured authoring environment, creating single-sourced, minimalist content
- Familiarity with DITA/DocBook and topic-based writing methodologies
- Knowledge of Atlassian products
- Experience creating graphics with Adobe Creative Suite tools
- Experience with Adobe Captivate or other eLearning development tools
- Basic Linux/UNIX experience.
As a person you:
- Show initiative and can work under minimal direction
- Are a team player
- Like to work in a global company with people from different countries and cultures
- Like to work in an Agile environment
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Pay strong attention to detail
- Have exceptional analytical skills
- Are productive and pragmatic
- Are eager to learn new things and grow as a technical communicator
- Like challenges and changes
- Patient and professional.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Pay will be determined at the local level. Relocation will not be offered. Successful candidates must have, and be able to maintain legal authorisation to work in (specific country name) for continued employment.
Relocation is not available with this role.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More