Java Software DeveloperHanover, Maryland
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics ("BI&A"), a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is seeking a Java Software Developer to join this top-tier team.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modified existing software to add new features
- Debugged existing software and corrected problems
- Integrated existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Developed or implemented algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assisted with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or reviewed software and system documentation for program
- Analyzed systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- 7 years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- 1 year of SIGINT RF domain experience, and experience in digital signal processing using signals analysis tools.
- Demonstrated experience in Java in a Linux or UNIX development environment
- Experience with design and development of a fielded collection system
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (although NOT required):
- Understanding of signal process flow from sensor to follow-on processor
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.