Lead Software Engineer (K 2.0 SWE IV)Hazelwood, Missouri
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Title: Software Engineer (L4)
Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for Mission Planning products in support of Tapestry’s Weapons and Unmanned Systems mission planning organization. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Supports software project management. May lead, develop, select, tailor and deploy software processes, tools and metrics. Performs software research and trade studies. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and/or regulations. Works under general direction. Follows company software standards and processes.
- Strong background and expertise with C# development and Visual Studio.
- Extensive experience developing object-oriented applications using .NET framework design patterns
- Experience participating in Agile software development teams
- Ability to maintain and extend existing software products and to design, code & test newly developed code and applications
- Excellent written communication skills for producing deliverable documentation, reports and emails
- Proven high level of productivity & professionalism
- Develops, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
- Participates in internal design reviews.
- Contributes to building large scale software systems.
- May lead day to day software integration efforts.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components.
- Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- Performs architectural trade studies, contributes to the development documentation and maintenance of software architectures.
- Participates in internal and/or external architecture reviews.
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans.
- May participate in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter and evaluator.
- Performs software requirements change assessment and provides a technical interface to requirements change-assessment meetings.
- May develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry standards.
- May participate in process reviews.
- Provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs research, may contribute to proposals, documents research and development results and aids technology transfer into programs.
- Provides subject matter expertise to other technical and support personnel.
- Supports operational and integration issue resolution for specific software systems.
- May be client facing engineer who will travel to customer sites directly supporting Company applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 10 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 8 or more years' experience or PhD degree with 6 or more years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 10+ years of experience with foundational CS knowledge and object-oriented design and software patterns
- Must have software development experience in C#
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Development experience using C++
- Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques
- Continuous Integration
- SAFe Agile
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Mission Planning domain experience
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More