Apache Mid-Level Software Engineer & Product Owner
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Apache Mid-Level Software Engineer & Product Owner
Mid-Level Software Engineer & Product Owner
Job Description Qualifications:
Train Pilots to Fly, Fight and Win!
Are you ready to build the future? Build your career in software development by helping us build the next generation of flight simulators to train our nation’s military pilots. Join the Government Training Systems and Services (GTS&S) Environments and Controls Systems (ECS) team to develop subsystems for Boeing Flight Trainers such as the Instructor/Operator Station, Brief/Debrief Station, Synthetic Environments, and core building block technologies used for all our flight trainers (graphics, video, networking, mission planning, exercise management & control).
Boeing Global Services is currently seeking highly motivated experienced Software Engineers who wish to grow into the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Product Owner leadership role, to become part of the GTS&S team in St. Louis, Missouri. GTS&S is responsible for the design, development, manufacture, and maintenance of training devices for domestic and foreign customers, commercial and military aircraft - everything from F-15 fighter jets to Apache attack helicopters, and even NASA's new CST-100 Starliner crew capsule.
Come be a part of ECS, a diverse, multi-disciplined, fast paced, highly collaborative team of engineers, operating in a scaled agile environment, using the latest tools and methodologies. ECS engineers work with cutting edge tools and technologies in the areas of simulation, networking, UX, 3D computer graphics, mobile devices, and video streaming, developing innovative solutions to complex aircraft training requirements. Develop your technical acumen as well as your leadership skills at a company with huge potential for long-term career growth. At Boeing we value your curiosity, your determination, and your imagination. #TheFutureIsBuiltHere
- Serve as an Apache product focal for the ECS software team, specifically in day-to-day operational decisions
- Work closely with the ECS Product Manager in defining system level software requirements & features
- Work closely with the ECS software teams in decomposing system level features into executable backlog items
- Write actionable user stories and maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering into user stories
- Accept new stories into each sprint cycle when created by the teams
- Work with developers and testers on the team to create appropriate and executable acceptance criteria
- Enhance team productivity via a test-first mentality and acceptance test driven development focus
- Assure the development team’s products effectively addresses program priorities while maintaining technical integrity and cost and schedule targets
- Participate in team and system demonstrations to accept completed stories/features
- Coordinate dependencies across teams
- Actively participate in retrospectives and other improvement workshops.
- Collaborate with agile teams to build and manage new features and capabilities while delivering the desired business impact, while providing leadership on activities such as prioritization and negotiating with stakeholders on backlog priorities
- Responsible for owning the technical roadmap and non-functional requirements for product
- Proactively resolve upstream dependencies and resolve conflict effectively across teams
- Advocate, recommend, & champion process improvements
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Required Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Experience with Software Development in an Agile environment
- 5+ years of experience in systems or software engineering
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering related field from an accredited course of study
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience as a Software Product Owner
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Environment
- Experience decomposing stories into vertical slices of software features
- Software Development Experience
- Experience with agile workflow tools such as VersionOne or JIRA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications (SP, SSM, SASM, POPM, SPC)
- Experience with simulation standards such as Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), High Level Architecture (HLA), or Boeing’s Common Simulation Framework (CSF)
- Experience with aircraft platforms, aviation, simulation, and training systems
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Travel: Occasional travel (10%) may be required in support of the program and customer.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.