MQ-25 Software Engineer (ASSUS SWE II)Hazelwood, Missouri
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems. Part of the Boeing Global Services division, Tapestry has over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan. Additionally, Tapestry supports Boeing products and internal operations.
Title: Software Engineer (ASSUS SWE II)
Location: St. Louis - MO
Requisition : 00000181566
Support the design, development, testing, verification, documentation, and delivery of software in the MQ-25 MCS/ASSUS team.
- Knowledge of C++ programming language on Linux
- Ability to support & extend an existing codebase as well as design, code & test brand new code and applications
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
- Performs troubleshooting of defects.
- Proposes solutions to problems.
- Supports development, documentation and maintenance of software architectures.
- Support software requirements development by performing analyses, preparing flow and logic diagrams and performing trade studies.
- May support interface definition and allocation of requirements between hardware, software, and operators.
- May participate in requirements reviews.
- May select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; may establish metrics.
- May perform evaluations, contribute to proposals, assess benefits of available technologies and perform trade studies.
- Perform troubleshooting of operational and integration issues.
- May maintain and analyze performance data and advise more experienced engineers of potential issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or related technical discipline.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- 2+ Years of C++ development on Linux
- Knowledge of git and Jira toolsets
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Develop application services using Linux and C++
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More