C-17 Software Engineer (Mid-Level)
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
C-17 Software Engineer (Mid-Level)
Train C-17 Pilots and Loadmasters to Fly, Load, and Deliver!
Are you ready to build the future? Build your career in software development by helping us build the next generation of flight simulators to train our nation’s military pilots.
Boeing Global Services is currently seeking Entry-Level Software Engineers to become part of the Training Systems team in St. Louis, Missouri. Training Systems is responsible for the design, development, manufacture, and maintenance of training devices for a wide variety of commercial and military aircraft - everything from F-15 fighter jets to C-17 cargo aircraft, and even NASA's new Starliner spacecraft.
If you are to work on our military aircrafts, this type of position requires you to have the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Come be a part of a diverse multi-disciplined team of engineers, operating in an agile environment, using the latest tools and methodologies. Develop your technical acumen as well as your leadership skills at a company with huge potential for long-term career growth. At Boeing we value your curiosity, your determination, and your imagination. #TheFutureIsBuiltHere
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
(Required Education, Skills and Experience)
- Listener: You're a developer whose passion for software means you never lose sight of the person who will ultimately be using the product that you build. You make the customer priorities your own.
- Educated and experienced: You have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and 5 or more years of experience working on software development projects.
- Innovator: You are actively exploring new tech because you are genuinely motivated to learn and grow as an engineer. Thus, you will either have experience in some of this stuff, or you’ll be hungry to get experience in our stack, which is built on: C++, Java, C#, Ada, Python, DirectX, OpenGL, in-house UI frameworks and more.
- Collaborator: You are a consummate team player, working well with others toward a common goal. Achieving results is what matters most to you, not who gets the credit.
- Adaptable: You reach higher, embrace change and learn from failure. You're not flustered by complex problems and evolving requirements. You're eager to forge thoughtful, well-crafted solutions that are robust enough for the long haul. You’re able to work in agile software development environment.
Your & our tech specs:
(Preferred Skills / Qualifications)
We work with a diverse set of technologies, but most of all we value engineers who are eager to learn new ways to deliver value to our users. Some examples of the technologies and skills we currently use include (but are by no means limited to):
- DMO, DIS Protocols, IEEE SISO standards
- Linux/Red Hat/CentOS, MS Visual Studio, VersionOne, GNAT Pro
- Real-time operating systems and development of real-time software
- Avionics architectures, threat definitions and capabilities and modeling of same
- Agile Product Owner and/or Scrum Master experience is a plus
- Automated testing, and/or continuous integration experience is a plus
We seek out engineers who have shipped products in multiple technology stacks, but we'd also consider experience in other technologies (for example .NET), if you can couple that with recent experience writing production code in some of the above-mentioned tech.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Occasional travel (10%) may be required in support of the program and customer.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.