Experienced Electrical Design & Analysis EngineerHeath, Ohio
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing InterContinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Command & Control (C2) Codes & Crypto organization is seeking engineers to support the ICBM Cryptography Upgrade Increment II (ICU II) Production Program in Heath, OH. This program is tasked by the U.S. Air Force customer to produce and deliver 506 nuclear critical communication equipment assemblies as part of an upgrade of ground C2 subsystems for the existing Minuteman III ICBM weapon system. There is currently an opportunity for an Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer who will support production activities, support hardness test activities, and in particular will be the responsible engineer for all analog circuitry design and implementation. Initially, several extended trips to the Boeing facility in Huntington Beach, CA will be required to accomplish knowledge transfer and to perform coordination with the existing technical team.
- Perform resolution of anomalies identified during production manufacturing and test
- Perform resolution of anomalies identified during customer’s deployment of nuclear critical communication equipment assemblies
- Perform resolution of emerging obsolescence and other part, material, and process issues
- Perform development of design changes required to resolve the above issues, to include qualification regression testing, as required
- Perform activities required to prepare for and conduct major customer events such as Production Readiness Review (PRR), First Article Testing, Pre-Physical Configuration Audit (Pre-PCA) and PCA
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance post-start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent)
- Analog and digital circuits design, development, and production experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience digital design
- Experience with Very High Speed Integrated Circuit (VHSIC) Hardware Description Language (VHDL)
- Experience with Mentor Graphics
- Experience with Pspice
- Prior nuclear critical communication equipment development experience
- Prior Minuteman III ICBM weapon system experience
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More