Manufacturing ManagerHeath, Ohio
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Manufacturing Manager (K Level) to join our dynamic Operations Management Team located in Heath, OH. You will join a growing team responsible for leading, developing and executing business plans. During the daily execution of leadership responsibilities, you will interface with multiple organizations throughout the Boeing Company.
- Manages employees performing activities in multiple manufacturing disciplines.
- Develops and executes business plans, policies and procedures and develops organizational and technical strategies.
- Acquires resources, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Secret Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- A college degree is preferred but a combination of education and manufacturing experience is also acceptable.
- (3) years’ experience in a leadership role in production / manufacturing environment.
- (3) years’ experience of strong communications skills and attention to detail.
- (3) years’ experience with process improvement.
- (3) years’ experience with implementing strategies and plans under general direction.
- This position requires the ability to work variable shifts; including day, evening, night and weekends.
- Able to travel 10% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- A college degree or higher.
- (3) years’ experience using LEAN Manufacturing and/or Continuous Improvement practices and tools.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Typical education and experience described in our standard level guides are aligned to the type and number of years of experience/education required to perform the job in industry. For management positions, our industry sources do not specify typical experience/education. For reference you may review the non-management level guide most relevant to the work performed.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug free workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for variable shift
Candidates must be willing to work any shift
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.