Associate Readiness Systems Engineer
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Associate Readiness Systems Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an Associate Readiness Systems Engineer (Level 2) to be located in Herndon, Virginia.
In this position, you will support a proprietary program in the Northern Virginia area. This unique role requires an understanding of engineering processes and the ability to communicate engineering requirements into a contractually sound technical baseline. We are seeking those passionate about systems engineering and hands on in their approach and possess organizational, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills. You will have the opportunity to work within and learn a broad range of systems engineering disciplines.
The individual must be able to work in a dynamic team environment and collaborate with several types of engineering disciplines to execute tasks on-quality and on-time. This position is a day shift position with on-call and occasional shift work, which includes off hours and weekends. The 24/7 rotating shift has a frequency of approximately one week per quarter).
- Direct daily interface with customers and leaders, requiring evaluation of customer needs
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines to achieve critical project milestones
- Perform process engineering and continuous improvement activities
- Analysis of risks, issues, and opportunities
- Analysis of impacts to operational teams
- Testing and validation to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Certify and cross train in other program areas as required
- Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Work independently to complete and track assigned tasks under the guidance of a mentor
- Work with his/her mentor and, after a six-month period, work assigned projects nearly independently with periodic guidance from mentor
- Communicate with mentor and/or lead on project / task status and progress
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance (US Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active). Offer is contingent upon program access and clearance verification pre-start.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science Degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry
- More than 1 year of experience with systems engineering principles (preferably solving engineering problems such as Risks, Issues, and Opportunities (RIO) analysis, Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) techniques, and creating documentation and training)
- More than 1 year of experience working in a cross-functional environment (preferably applying interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop, and verify systems and system solutions)
- Willingness to work on-call and occasional shift work, which includes during off hours and weekends; (the 24/7 rotating shift has a frequency of approximately one week per quarter)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience contributing to system readiness engineering projects
- Experience tracing requirements to incorporate into engineering design
- Experience using web-based tools such as MS SharePoint
- Experience using MS Project
- Experience with designing, developing, integrating and maintaining new software functionality
- Experience with remote sensing and signal processing principles
- Experience with computer tools and other technologies using test plans and procedures to verify requirements
- Experience across a breadth of disciplines including hardware, software, systems and test
- Experience training, coaching and mentoring teammates
- Experience with the aerospace industry and its products
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in Northern Virginia and does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.