Comm & Network Systems Engineer
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons, certification courses and degree-seeking programs.
12 weeks paid parental leave.
Our 401(k) plan features generous matching and company contributions (up to 11 percent!).
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM-studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Comm & Network Systems Engineer
The Boeing Team is seeking a talented and experienced Communications and Network Systems Engineer to join our team developing hardware and software solutions for proprietary programs for our clients. We translate customer needs into detailed requirements for system integrated design including system/data architecture, facility design, hardware selection, software selection/development, system integration, testing and operations/maintenance.
General Responsibilities include:
- Leads the identification, analysis and documentation of requirements for both classified and unclassified network transport technologies and services (e.g., voice, video, data) based on customer goals, objectives, cost and security constraints.
- Leads and organizes the creation and documentation of designs that conform to architectural and security standards, to meet customer requirements, using industry best practices and tools.
- Prepares and deploys complex implementation packages per Boeing standards.
- Leads the performance of complex preventative, proactive and reactive maintenance in order to meet service restoration and network availability objectives, using network analysis and monitoring tools.
- Researches, develops, documents and deploys emerging technologies and techniques, determining proper integration into existing systems to meet customer needs, as directed.
- Leads and coordinates implementation planning for multi-technology insertion projects, using established project management methodologies for the purpose of controlling costs and ensuring adherence to project plan.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Clearance: This position requires a current Top Secret/SSBI clearance and polygraph. This position is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence. Please include clearance and date of recent SSBI and Polygraph on profile/resume to be considered.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of networking protocols, especially OSPF and FCOE
- Hands-on experience with installation, upgrading and configuration of Cisco routers and Nexus switches
- Capable of providing on-call support and occasional shift and weekend work
- Experience with installation, upgrading and configuration of firewalls
- Experience with Network monitoring tools
- Experience with network analyzers and troubleshooting
- Capable of providing on-call support and occasional shift and weekend work 0
- Experience with COMSEC equipment
- Experience with VMWare and Virtual Network systems
- Has a current CCNP, CCNA and/or CISSP Certification
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Project management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Yes, 10 % of the Time Space and Launch Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company