Data EngineerHerndon, Virginia
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLY **
BI&A seeking a Software Engineer with data transformation (ETL) experience working with latest industry tools; elastic search, apache Kafka, and Apache NiFi.
· Work with a teammate on data integration requirements.
· Write code on ETL platform to transform data to a suitable formats as defined by IC ITE initiatives.
· Add features to ETL platform to shorten timelines for future data integration efforts.
· Develop, maintain code, and integrate software into a fully functional software system.
· Participate in daily scum meetings, sprint retrospectives, and other agile processes.
· Work with external teams to validate data ingest.
· Provide and maintain documentation of system architecture, development, and enhancements.
· Bachelor’s Degree and 6 or more years’ experience or Master's Degree with 3 or more years' experience from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
· 6+ years of software development experience
· Linux/Unix experience
· Object Oriented programming language
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
· Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
· Expertise in data ingestion, data transformation (ETL), and data modeling.
· Experience with Java, Ruby, or Python
· Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
· 3 years’ experience working with one of the following batch-processing and tools (eg, Nifi, Midpoint, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Hive, HDFS, Oozie)
· 1 year working with Restful web services
· Experience with code development, deployment, versioning, and build tools (eg, Eclipse, git, svn, maven, Jenkins)
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
Right now, more than 20,000 reservists and veterans continue their mission as part of the Boeing family. Explore opportunities for veterans. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More