Entry level Electrical Engineer - Advance Mission SystemsHerndon, Virginia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
AMS (Advanced Mission Systems) is seeking an entry level Electrical Engineer to support the development and maintenance of detailed requirements and specifications for various electronic products and assist with implementing custom digital electronic hardware system designs of limited scope in our Herndon, VA location. Candidate will work under the direction of a bi-coastal team to advance a highly critical national mission.
Limited travel is required, varies by position.
- Advanced Mission Systems is seeking a candidate to develop and maintain detailed requirements and specifications for various electronic products and assist with implementing custom digital electronic hardware system designs of limited scope.
- Candidate will also provide engineering support throughout the life cycle of the product and conduct trade studies and literature research to support future product designs.
- Assists with the development and documentation of electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Develops or modifies basic hardware and software designs based on defined requirements.
- Performs system tests to verify operational and functional requirements. Assists in monitoring suppliers' performance to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Supports resolution of product integration issues and production anomalies. Researches basic technologies for potential application to company business needs.
- Occasional travel to Boeing, subcontractor, and/or customer facilities may be required.
This position requires the ability to obtain Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship..
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Hands-on experience with board build, debug and bring-up in a lab environment, gathering data for technical performance measures and performing basic analysis
- Electro Optical experience (ex: producing specifications, tolerances, simulations, assembly, integration and test of fiber optic (F/O) sensors, systems and components, including sensors, lasers, fiber-optics, and telecommunications products)
- Experience using a wide variety of test tools, as well as writing basic test plans, procedures and reports.
- Tool experience (Analysis: PSpice, MATLAB, MATHCAD, ANSYS, COMSOL, Mentor Graphics electrical tools, Saber, Zuken E3, Xilinx Vivad)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Team experience (Agile work environment).
- Position skill area (software, hardware, electro-optical)
- Experience in formal technical presentations and formal customer presentations
- Programming skills (FPGA, VHDL, C++)
- Experience with devices such as Xilinx Virtex and tools such as Xilinx ISE, Synplicity, Orcad, etc.
- Experience with defining and maintaining power budgets and performing trade studies on hardware products
- A single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed or updated within the past five years is preferred.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
What you'll do here
Whether you’re a software engineer, systems engineer or cyber analyst, help Boeing solve tough mission challenges and create solutions that contribute to the security of the nation. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More