Experienced Systems Engineer
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Systems Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a systems engineer working in a software engineering and design capacity to join a 30-40 person project team, assisting with the design, development, and maintenance of complex, multi-tiered data centers. The primary activity of the team is the development of custom application software, and the completed systems include COTS hardware and software, commercial database systems and computer network infrastructure.
This individual will participate in all phases of the systems engineering and computer system development life cycle, including concept of operations development, requirements development and analysis, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation.
Engineering and testing duties will include:
- Understand and apply the concepts of operations necessary for users to satisfy their goals
- Work in a team environment and demonstrate system engineering expertise and understanding of various technical system engineering and related software topics
- Understand and independently author system design specifications, documentation, and formal requirements that drive the overall system architecture and software functional requirements
- Provide suggestions/inputs on requirements changes and updates to continuously improve and/or update system designs
- System engineering support to testing and evaluation of software algorithms to ensure that they meet performance and formal requirements specifications
- System engineering support to design, testing, and evaluation of graphical user interfaces (GUIs) to ensure end user needs and requirements are met
- System engineering support to interface development, testing, and evaluation of database table models used with software applications to include updating related requirements and system specification documents
- System engineering support to formal system software test activities necessary for the verification and acceptance of custom software delivered to the customer system environment
- Participate in design review presentations to communicate software functionality and capabilities
- Demonstrate initiative and self-starter abilities while working solutions to system engineering problems
This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with current SSBI
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
This position requires a current Top Secret/SCI clearance and is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence. Please include clearance and date of recent SSBI on profile/resume
- 1 - 2 years’ experience with system engineering principles
- Understanding of system integration processes to include verification and validation of requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with good collaboration skills for technical coordination with team members and communicating task progress/status to your mentor/lead
- Follow instructions and guidance to produce system specification, design, and requirements documents
- General familiarity with Linux/Unix and working knowledge of Windows based systems
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office Tools and able to independently produce PowerPoint briefings, MS Project schedules, MS Word documents, and generate and manipulate Excel spreadsheets
- Possess a Top Secret / SCI security clearance with current SSBI.
- General knowledge and experience with the Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) process, or other corrective action resolution processes to include basic understanding of discrepancy/defect issues and artifacts assessment
- General knowledge of the Agile software development process and related tools such as Jira
- Knowledge of Web-based tools, such as SharePoint and an understanding of the use of Web links
- Familiarity with basic systems engineering principles used to create process-driven documentation, manage project/program requirements, and produce task schedules;
- Experience speaking in front of a group and the ability to schedule and facilitate coordination meetings.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.