Full Stack Software Engineer (Experienced/Senior)
Herndon, Virginia; Leesburg, Virginia; Chantilly, Virginia; Aurora, Colorado; Fairfax, Virginia; Mesa, Arizona
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Full Stack Software Engineer (Experienced/Senior)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Experienced or Senior Level Full-Stack Software Engineer to join the Boeing Space and Launch Software Engineering team to work in the Potomac Region (Chantilly, VA, Leesburg, VA, Herndon, VA). Other locations may include Fairfax VA, Aurora CO and Mesa AZ depending on site availability.
We’re seeking a highly talented, motivated, and creative software developer to engineer new solutions and support existing capabilities of Agile/DevSecOps planning and scheduling software programs for the intelligence community.
This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
Our teams are hiring for a broad range of experience levels including experienced or senior level software engineers.
- Software development tasks including software design, coding, and unit/integration/functional/system automated testing of customer desired features/user stories.
- Analyzing high level customer requirements and deriving agile features and agreed upon acceptance criteria.
- Documenting software designs and demonstrating software release functionality to product teams.
- Develop and sustain new and existing applications; as well as troubleshoot and resolve various software issues as needed.
- Contribute to the creation of new distributed components and interactions that align with the future system architecture. The existing multi-tiered system is developed on a cloud infrastructure with multiple consumer-facing UIs.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret / SCI Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
- This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. (US Citizenship is required) (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
- 3+ years' experience in foundational CS knowledge and object-oriented design and software patterns
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace or related technical/science degree (e.g. Information Technology, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
- 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid experience or understanding in Java
- Experience using dependency management (Ivy, Maven, Gradle)
- Experience developing and maintaining SOAP, RMI, REST APIs and interfaces
- Experience using cloud based infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience using automation server (Jenkins)
- Experience/knowledge of the Ground C2 or Mission planning software domain
- Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), agile software development, continuous integration, DevSecOps, and/or dependency management
- Knowledge of Git or other DVCS
Typical Education & Experience Level 3:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Masters, etc.). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Typical Education & Experience Level 4:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
Summary Pay Ranges:
Level 3 $104,550-$151,800
Level 4 $122,400-$177,100
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities