Lead Systems Engineer
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Lead Systems Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
AMS (Advanced Mission Systems) is seeking Lead Systems Engineers to develop and maintain detailed requirements and specifications for various electronic products and assist with implementing custom digital electronic hardware system designs of limited scope in our Herndon, VA location. Limited travel is required, varies by position.
- Plans, designs, develops and verify lifecycle balanced system solutions for a highly complex hardware/software system; allocate performance budgets and analyze and report on test data.
- Supports and evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Supports and evaluates customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Leads analyses and design activities to optimize total system architecture.
- Supports work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Development of planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes. This includes any combination of Systems Requirements development, management, and verification.
- The candidate will support and evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces. Lead analyses and design activities to optimize total system architecture.
- Lead analyses and design activities to optimize total system architecture.
- The ability to work across a broad spectrum of disciplines including optics, RF engineering, communications and satellite design/operation at a technical level sufficient to translate customer needs into clear, actionable requirements and interface specifications.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
A single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed or updated within the past five years is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Demonstrated system engineering experience
- 5 or more year of experience involving: system integration processes to include verification and validation of requirements
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with good collaboration skills for technical coordination with team members and communicating task progress/status to your mentor/lead
- Follow instructions and guidance to produce system specification, design, and requirements documents
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office Tools and able to independently produce PowerPoint briefings, MS Project schedules, MS Word documents, and generate and manipulate Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of electronic interfaces and standards, equipment environmental requirements, Agile work environment
- Modeling skills (MATLAB, C++)
- Experience with deriving and allocating requirements (e.g., system, sub-system, software) and show traceability throughout the product lifecycle.
- Experience working with customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Develop technical roadmaps and business strategies is desired.
- Experience in leading and conducting mathematical analysis, modeling and simulation efforts to support product development is desired.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.