Principal Systems (O&M) EngineerHerndon, Virginia
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you up for the challenge? Do you want free money in your 401k? Do you want job security and a company that invests in you? You need to check us out!
In this exciting role you will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development, and analytic technologies.
ALONG WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND OUR COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS, WE OFFER:
- Employee Performance Incentives
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Boeing Employee Discount Program
- Health Insurance Opt-out Incentives
- Generous 401k Contribution – 10% contribution (NOT A MATCH)
- Student Debt Payoff
- Up to $30k Tuition Assistance
- HSA Contributions
- Professional Development Program
Every day, Boeing Intelligence & Analytics supports global missions by building and delivering intelligence, analytics, and cyber solutions that enable users to advance national security. We have provided our customers with the tools needed to counter evolving global and cyber threats, and to improve wartime decision making. Our talented employees bring software development, systems engineering, and advanced analytics expertise. We offer numerous prime contract opportunities with customers headquartered in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as subcontract opportunities that align with our areas of focus and additional opportunities nationwide through our parent company.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is looking for a Principal Systems (O&M) Engineer to join it's team.
Work Location: Herndon, VA
Telework Availablity: No
What you will do (day in the life):
- Monitor system health
- Troubleshoot system problems
- Maintain storage systems
- Interface with other parts of the team for hardware, network, and infrastructure support
- Provide after-hours on-call/call-in support on a rotational basis
- Ensure system security requirements are satisfied
- Create/maintain system scripts
- Patch/upgrade system
- Administer user accounts
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement (will accept higher or lower levels)
- Experience with managing systems in AWS
- Experience managing and monitoring large clusters (>400 nodes) and containerized applications.
- Experience with Linux-based hardware platforms
- Ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) experience.
- Active Security+CE certification
- This position is FULL-TIME, ONSITE; NO REMOTE WORK AVAILABLE
- Technical experience and knowledge of distributed storage networks, routing and application messaging frameworks.
- Experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing operations and management networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.
- NiFi, HA Proxy, Docker, Kubernetes, Spark, and Elasticsearch experience
- Experience developing, operations, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
- Certification & Accreditation processes experience
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics Benefits:
Employees are more effective on the job when they are not distracted by health and financial worries. To support our workforce, we offer a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits (as described above) that allow each employee to choose the coverage best suited to their needs and the needs of their family.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.