Senior Level Communications and Network Systems Engineer
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Level Communications and Network Systems Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Help create the ground station of the future for unmanned vehicles. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Team is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Level Communications and Network Systems Engineer to join our team developing hardware and software solutions for proprietary programs for our clients located in Herndon, Virginia.
We translate customer needs into detailed requirements for system integrated design including system/data architecture, facility design, hardware selection, software selection/development, system integration, testing and operations/maintenance.
- Leads the identification, analysis and documentation of requirements for both classified and unclassified network transport technologies and services (e.g., voice, video, data) based on customer goals, objectives, cost and security constraints
- Leads and organizes the creation and documentation of designs that conform to architectural and security standards, to meet customer requirements, using industry best practices and tools
- Prepares and deploys complex implementation packages per Boeing standards
- Leads the performance of complex preventative, proactive and reactive maintenance in order to meet service restoration and network availability objectives, using network analysis and monitoring tools
- Researches, develops, documents and deploys emerging technologies and techniques, determining proper integration into existing systems to meet customer needs, as directed
- Leads and coordinates implementation planning for multi-technology insertion projects, using established project management methodologies for the purpose of controlling costs and ensuring adherence to project plan
This position requires a current Top Secret/SSBI Clearance and Polygraph. This position is contingent on clearance verification and customer concurrence. Please include clearance and date of recent SSBI and Polygraph on resume to be considered.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- More than 3 years of experience with networks and networking protocols (especially OSPF and FCOE)
- More than 3 years of hands-on experience with installation, upgrading and configuration of Cisco routers and Nexus switches
- Experience with installation, upgrading and configuration of firewalls
- Experience with network monitoring tools
- Experience with network analyzers and troubleshooting
- Willingness to provide on-call support and occasional shift and weekend work
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with COMSEC equipment
- Experience with VMWare and Virtual Network systems
- Current CCNP, CCNA and/or CISSP Certification
- Verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Project management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD + 4 years' related work experience, Master + 7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation plan is being offered for internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.